share rss forum feed

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

[All] Park info needed

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find a footbridge in probably a park, and hopefully north/west of Boston. It's not a specific footbridge, just one of those so you can walk over swampy ground and is on the longer side. This is for photography purposes so I'd like it to be in the woods as opposed to near buildings.

Does anyone know of any such footbridges in northern New England? Thanks
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
I only know of one footbridge, but it is on the coast, in Wells, Maine. I do not believe there are any buildings around but it is coastal so there isnt any trees and what not like you may want from the forest.
--
Block Accounts | UseNet Now

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to Sweet Witch

Boothbay Harbor footbridge
Not sure of any in that area, but we have one here in Boothbay. And like swintec See Profile, this is only coastal.

Edit. How about this place? I did a little Googleing and found this place. It reads as a nice place and mentions a "long and narrow footbrige."

»www.thetrustees.org/places-to-vi···ods.html

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Sweet Witch
A bunch, but wrong direction...
trails.com might have a clue.

If you can be a BIT more specific as to the area (a central point/ town and radius), I could ask the Geocachers. They're good with stuff like this.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
I guess I prefer north and west of Boston because that's what I'm comfortable with, but we all have to get out of our comfort areas I'd like it to be within 50 miles of Bedford, MA if at all possible.

I can't afford overnights and due to not being able to afford a needed foot surgery my limit from the car is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile, easy to moderate trails.
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
reply to Sweet Witch
Unfortunately, it looks like I can't help you here.

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL
reply to Sweet Witch
How about the Old North Bridge in Concord?

»www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/···dge.html

Nearby parking is handicap-accessible, there are rangers to talk your ear off , and good scenery.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
said by Spensergig:
How about the Old North Bridge in Concord?

»www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/···dge.html

Nearby parking is handicap-accessible, there are rangers to talk your ear off , and good scenery.
That's about three miles away, and currently flooded like you wouldn't believe!

The flat, green area below is now under water by a couple of feet.

--

"Are you my Mummy?"

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL
said by Sweet Witch:

That's about three miles away, and currently flooded like you wouldn't believe!
WOW.
I've been away for a bit over 5 years now, so I haven't seen it recently.

I knew y'all were having some wet days, but that's a bit more than I expected.

Guess you'll have to find a ranger with a boat.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
reply to Sweet Witch
What I'm looking for are bridges like this one I found in Maine (I can't wait for it to green-up up there!).

--

"Are you my Mummy?"

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
said by Sweet Witch:

What I'm looking for are bridges like this one I found in Maine (I can't wait for it to green-up up there!).
Where is that one? That isnt at Laudholm farms in Wells is it?
--

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
It's at Fore River Sanctuary in Portland Maine

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
reply to swintec
said by swintec:
That's one strange little place! It's just a field out in back of some houses. Wouldn't mind living in one of those houses though - with that whole area mowed by someone else
--

"Are you my Mummy?"

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 edit
said by Sweet Witch:

said by swintec:
That's one strange little place! It's just a field out in back of some houses. Wouldn't mind living in one of those houses though - with that whole area mowed by someone else
Strange yes, but unless it has changed the past few years, very very interesting.A lot of trails for walking (cross country skiing in the winter) and a lot of educational stuff goes on there as well. Several years back (ok many years back) we went there on a field trip for school for the study of eco systems and what not. Your previous picture of that bridge made me think of it.

EDIT- There is a small picture of the bridge I was thinking of on the right hand side: »www.wellsreserve.org/visit/trail_system
--

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
See, when I look at the satellite shot through Google Maps, it's all mowed - no trees.

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
I believe it has a little bit of everything, from Forest to ocean type atmosphere.
--

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
I looked deeper into your link and found a real map. The one on Google only has the three houses and the parking area, hence my confusion. The true map show much more. And, it's much closer to me that Portland so it's another option
--

"Are you my Mummy?"