spc
Search similar:

uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

POLL:DFW DMA merge with SHERMAN-ADA protect KTEN and KXII

I think they should be an extention of Dallas-Fortworth as there is only about 200,000 +/- tv homes there and dfw could grow to make them a sub market and allow KERA and OETA to share the market instead of only having non served stations add the dfw main as secondarys and dont block out programs and give sherman stations 75%-80% revenue from ads and end this mess once and for all and they wont be without locals and they can finnally get competion as two stations cant support a DMA and it is known but KXII and KTEN think they can do it is not possible and they already have some DFW locals in parts of SHERMAN-ADA or how about split them up between OKC and DALLAS and let KTEN be primary market for the areas and finnally let two states control three DMA areas together and not fight over exlusivity.

I hate going to ARDMORE OK and only have WFAA SD and not HD and having KOTV instead in HD.

#=agree
*=Disagree
^=not sure

Im curious.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Get an antenna.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by fifty nine:

Get an antenna.
That might be kind of far for an antenna. Most, if not all the DFW stations are broadcast from the south-side of the metro-plex. Although, I picked them up just fine in Denton before my FIOS was installed

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

satellite repeaters on the same channel were talking 90/110 miles from tower farm but cable gets them microwave and fiber feeds.

I dont live in that DMA but feel sorry for Ardmore OK as they have cable one and it has been stuck in 2005 for the last 5 years.