Search similar:

uniqs

dm
@qwest.net

1 edit

dm

Anon

New Comcast install

I signed up through ComcastSpecials.com.

My deal was $19.99/mo. for 6 month and $25 rebate.
When I called Comcast to scheduled install they told me I need to pay $20 install fee (CSR explained that because I don't correctly have any cable service tech guy has to clime the pule to physically connect something).

P.S. I did call Comast on other occasions to see how much install fee would cost and it ranged from $10 to $100. ($10, $20, $30, $50, $99)

Do I have to pay this fee?
I have my own cable modem and selected self-install during online sign-up.

Mod Note: See also ---> »New Comcast install. Pay Install fee?

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

said by dm :

I signed up through ComcastSpecials.com.

My deal was $19.99/mo. for 6 month and $25 rebate.
When I called Comcast to scheduled install they told me I need to pay $20 install fee (CSR explained that because I don't correctly have any cable service tech guy has to clime the pule to physically connect something).

P.S. I did call Comast on other occasions to see how much install fee would cost and it ranged from $10 to $100. ($10, $20, $30, $50, $99)

Do I have to pay this fee?
I have my own cable modem and selected self-install during online sign-up.
ummm if they said you have to pay the install fee, i dont see what the issue is.....

you cant self install if you dont have currently cable tv....like the rep said, the tech has to come, hook up your line, check the house for ingress/noise, verify levels, reconfigure splitters/wiring if necessary, and run a new line if needed....
idmitriy
join:2002-02-19
Kent, WA

1 edit

idmitriy

I had Comcast High-Speed service in my home before. Everything is setup are ready to go. I'm don't think anyone has to come out but I'm not certain. I don't work for cable company so don't know how it really works, or if any of this is true. I've heard a lot of BS from cable companies before about fees and pricing.

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

nerdburg to dm

Premium Member

to dm
Although we can all agree that Comcast is evil, I'd suggest you just pay the $20 and let them come out and do a professional install. If the wiring needs to be replaced or repaired, Comcast will fix it for free (usually) as part of the install. They will also make sure everything is up to code and grounded properly. If the signal need to be adjusted/balanced, the tech will fix that too. Pay the Devil his $20.
nerdburg

nerdburg to idmitriy

Premium Member

to idmitriy
said by idmitriy:

I'm don't think anyone has to come out but I'm not certain.
Traditionally, if your service was disconnected, a tech physically disconnected the cable at the pole/pedestal. Even if you have TV service, there may be a physical filter/trap in your line that would need to be removed.

JE
JE 's BACK BABY
Premium Member
join:2000-12-15
Charlotte, NC

JE to dm

Premium Member

to dm
I say let him have it his way. When something goes wrong 1 minute after he sets it up, he'll be calling to complain and curse out the rep over the phone, blaming Comcast and how bad the service is. When in reality a tech should have been there...

I hear it all the time...

JE