spc
uniqs

Ronhel
join:2001-11-09
West Warwick, RI

Ronhel to FuriousG

to FuriousG

Re: 2001 Saturn will not start

Its a s1;and i was wondering if there was a fuse that might have blown tho i don't know where the fuse box is

FuriousG
join:2002-08-21
Kenora, ON

FuriousG

Fuse block under the hood near the driver side fender. I think it's a 30A Maxi style fuse, but I am blank on the labeling for it...Crk or Ign I think, but not sure.

Ronhel
join:2001-11-09
West Warwick, RI

Ronhel

Thanks for all the replys.
It's raining cats and dogs here so i guess ill check all the things in the morning and if I can't find anything I'll have it towed to someone that's more qualified then me (lol anyone is)
Ronhel

Ronhel

OK I'm really lost now. I just went out and it started right up. I let it run about 5 minutes shut it off and now won't start same as before.

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

if you get it to start up again, I would suggest bringing it to somewhere or someone you trust to have it diagnosed. Car-X (around here) offers a free diagnosis for most issues.

Save a tow charge anyway.

Irun Man
Premium Member
join:2002-10-18
Millsboro, DE

Irun Man to Ronhel

Premium Member

to Ronhel
said by Ronhel:

Its a s1...
You have either an SL, SL1 or SL2 sedan? Clutch or AT gear selector safety switch (as well as brake switch) would be the first items I'd check. If it's automatic, try unlocking the gear selector and moving the lever to "L" and back a couple of times then returning to "P" before attempting to start the engine. If that helps, the switch to replace is inside the center console.