spc
Search similar:

uniqs

influx
@sonitrolmichigan.com

influx

Anon

terrible

It makes me sick to think about the present state of broadband in the U.S., the lack of competition, and monopolies supplying the content and the medium in which it is delivered. These large companies should not be allowed to exclusively control access to the lines in which the data is transferred. Imagine if that were the case with the roadway system today, i.e. where the car manufacturer also builds the roads on which you drive. You would buy a car and then also be charged to drive it on the road. Well, this does happen today, except you are charged in the form of taxes instead of a monthly bill, however the most important aspect of this is the fact that the government controls the roads, not a capitalistic corporation. There are some fundamental things (such as roads, water, mail, etc.) that should not be controlled by large, profit driven corporations and I believe that broadband has reached that level of necessity. Now, believe me, I am not one for more government, but on the other side history has shown that it can be done and with satisfactory results. The other option is what we have today: large corporations that have no competition, squeezing every last cent out of their customers. The customers have no where else to go and no other option and cancelling service is not an option because broadband is a necessity these days.

famu720
join:2008-03-24
Greenville, SC

famu720

agreed wholeheartedly!!