Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to fiberguy

Re: Actual Speeds

Cable doesn't go 1M up either. I, personally, do not know anyone with an actual, functional 1M up. And this includes a 1M up business cable connection -- TW can and will drop packets above 500k, the best I have ever seen it do is ~900k.

DOCSIS 3.0 and VDSL (aka Uverse) will work at these speeds, but getting the operators to stop shoveling cash into their pockets long enough to upgrade their systems will require putting a gun to their head.

(The office has a T1 and DS3, and they work at full rate 100% of the time. But, they aren't $29.95 a month.)

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
said by cramer:

Cable doesn't go 1M up either. I, personally, do not know anyone with an actual, functional 1M up. And this includes a 1M up business cable connection -- TW can and will drop packets above 500k, the best I have ever seen it do is ~900k.
Obviously provider/network dependent, but I routinely see 2.5-3 Mbps upstream with my cable ISP.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
Reviews:
·TowerStream
reply to cramer

I call BS. My home line gets 1 up 15 down consistently. my 2 up 15 down business cable gets that consistently. My 5Mbit and 3 Mbit fiber links get a bit over that consistently. All TW provided.

dgaraffa

join:2000-10-23
Ringwood, NJ
reply to cramer
said by cramer:

Cable doesn't go 1M up either. I, personally, do not know anyone with an actual, functional 1M up.
Three Words: "Cablevision Optimum Online"

CompUser

join:2001-11-07
Ada, OH
reply to bn1221
He COULD be talking locally, but thanks for coming to the defense of Time Warner!