how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

liquidman

join:2003-11-07
Boynton Beach, FL

Unfair

This is a highly unfair review. First off, simply because you don't like their new policy, its unfair for you to lower your ease of installation, call quality, reliability and tech support not nil. They are solid on all the aspects. I can understand you lowering your value for the money down however. You need to realize that the connect account is meant for business so the $10.00 per month is adequate. There is no contract, contrary to your claim, although you must keep a certain balance, you may cancel at any time. This statement of yours is a lie and they will refund your money, I have seen it several cases. You said they just decided to charge you the $10.00. If you bothered to read your email, they sent you an advance notice of the change. I will concede that it is a bit short notice, however it was something. Because of all the inaccuracies in your review, I highly doubt the blocking your email claim. If you're a home user, I suggest you stay with a plan from a carrier that caterers to your needs, Vonage seems to be up your alley.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
I agree with liquidman. While there may be certain areas obviously you don't like (I wouldn't either) how does that change the ease of installation, etc?

Lena Gainstr

join:2010-02-06
Silver Spring, MD

1 edit
reply to liquidman
said by liquidman:

This is a highly unfair review. First off, simply because you don't like their new policy, its unfair for you to lower your ease of installation, call quality, reliability and tech support ....
Obviously, the OP (n4mwd) is just p.o.'d at VP and wants to get back at them by giving them the lowest rating possible. I'm guilty of the same sort of shenanagins in reverse when I give VP 100% across the board, mainly to counter the unrealistically high ratings given to some less-than-perfect
VoIP Operators.
I think the ratings are skewed and folks who want a true picture of a VoIP have to read, read, read review after review and determine for themselves the quality of the service based on the quality of the review. Read this review and it becomes apparent quickly that it is just a rant.

n4mwd

join:2005-10-01
Loxahatchee, FL
reply to liquidman
My review was truthful and an accurate representation of what they have done to me. I still have the emails they sent (and bounced) and can forward them to anyone if they want. But there are some inaccuracies with your post. First, They never gave me any advance notice of any $10 monthly fee or any regulatory fees. Second, I got three emails from them within the same hour. One said they are charging a $2.95 regulatory fee, the next said they hit me with a $10 monthly fee and a third saying they tried to hit my credit card without permission for over $50.

As far as the statement that there is no contract, well there isn't with my account because I never signed it. However, they did request that I print it out, sign it and then mail it back to them. I read it and refused to sign it and that means I keep my original terms and VP is not allowed to change them.

Now when I tried to resolve this issue, I replied to their email and complained. They then sent me a trouble ticket and demanded that I call them on a non-toll free number. Note that their email is working just fine at this point and they said they had disabled the account because they had the wrong credit card number. So I couldn't call them on their own system. I replied via email to the trouble ticket because I didn't have time for a lengthy chat with them on my nickel. A few minutes later I get a bounce notice that they had refused my email. The next day, I reply again and another bounce follows. I then sent a third email to their main customer service address (with the bounced email attached) explaining that I don't appreciate them blocking my email and that if they didn't resolve the issue, I would tell EVERYONE what they did. I waited another day before I posted here.

So NO, my post was not unfair. I gave them plenty of opportunity to resolve it. They refused. VP is unfair. If they don't like bad reviews, they should stop their dishonest business practices. As far as why I have VP connect instead regular VP, its because when they were a new company they were selling VP connect to anyone with an asterisk server.

I mean, why would anyone think that a company was even remotely close to honest when they let their PRE-PAID accounts are go negative just so they can charge people with a penalty fee?

Read your contract with them. If its like the one I read (and didn't sign) it says that (paraphrased): a) If hackers get your account numbers, you have to pay for all their use; b) If the hackers run your balance below zero, we will hit your credit card with a penalty; c) If hackers cause you to get a negative balance penalty, we will hit your card for more minutes to keep the hackers happy; d) You agree that we are allowed to screw with your credit card any time we want and that you wont try to complain about it to the credit card company. So did I miss anything? It did not have any term requirements, but it was still a contract.

So yes, every time the subject of voice pulse comes up, they will be told of this incident and they kind of business VP is. And that reminds me, I need to go add funds to my voice account at another VOIP company so that the balance doesn't hit zero and stop working.

n4mwd

join:2005-10-01
Loxahatchee, FL
reply to liquidman
said by liquidman:

... its unfair for you to lower your ease of installation, call quality, reliability and tech support not nil. They are solid on all the aspects. ...
Ease of installation: It was a nightmare to get their service up and running. There was an issue with proper caller ID not being sent. Tech support failed to resolve this and it was only my experimenting that actually got it to start working with my system. After that, they changed their system around so frequently to the point where I gave up trying to keep it working. So as for this category, I stand by my low rating.

Call quality: There are long delays in VP calls compared to the new company I deal with.

Reliability: When you dial a US number via VP, you expect it to go through. If it can't for some reason, you expect to get a message that says something like: "All circuits are busy, please try again." Unless they have changed it, VP simply gives a standard busy signal. This effectively LIES to you indicating that the call would have gone through, but the person on the other end was already talking on the phone. This LIE was discovered by calling that person on a cell phone and getting through immediately. Essentially, at least at that time, not all areas in the US were served by VP and calls to those areas were routed to a fake busy signal to make it look like they covered more area than they did. So, because of this, their reliability goes negative.

Tech support: Well, I have been able to contact them in the past, but with this last situation, they refused. So they get a zero on this for sure.

So, again, they were once a decent company, but they have gone bad. I'm with another company now. I wont be going back to VP and I'm sure they are happy about losing another customer.