spc
Search similar:

uniqs

leftout
@pacbell.net

leftout

Anon

Is there something missing here?

1. Setting a minimum upload and download speed for the definition of Broadband is great, but what about latency? Online gaming companies are not going to like that being left out.

2. Why the push to wireless? Maybe to make it easier to watch us 24Hrs a day or is it cheaper and quicker to do.

3. Is there a National Security part of this plan that is not being released for public eyes? I mean really, how much of our current system(phone,cable,cell,wireless) is still copper wire based. If you really want to get the system upgraded quickly, tell congress about EMP bursts and what they would do to the current system and let them think about the two countries in the world that we are trying to keep from making N bombs and how both now have the ability to put satellites in orbit. Rocket+Orbit+NBomb = EMP BURST

4. To everybody who thinks $50 a month is affordable, you need to contact those lost relatives that you have that are trying to live on a ss retirement check, disability check or widowers check and ask them how much they can afford. It might open your eyes to a major problem that is growing. These people can not afford to live anymore.

So anyway, everybody on here, pretty much agrees about the lying going on about the state of the current system, so do not just sit there and let them rob us, Email your CONGRESSMEN and SENATORS and tell them about the lies and what you think should be done. The more people we get to email, the better chance we have to change this before it starts. So email, email, email !
vp71inet
join:2005-05-12
Englishtown, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

vp71inet

said by leftout :

So anyway, everybody on here, pretty much agrees about the lying going on about the state of the current system, so do not just sit there and let them rob us, Email your CONGRESSMEN and SENATORS and tell them about the lies and what you think should be done. The more people we get to email, the better chance we have to change this before it starts. So email, email, email !
Good suggestion that I intend to follow up on ...

I tried Cablevision Internet (Optimum Online) last September when my 3MB/768kB DSL connection was acting up (Verizon had a Network problem in the region from July that was not resolved until September). The service was supposed to be 15/2 or some such but it was erratic and I rarely got 1MB/200kB out of it. When DSL came back in September it looked like the Cable service perked up so I hooked up a second router to my home Network and had both side-by-side for check out comparison. I finally booted Optimum Online and stuck with DSL. I consistently get 2800kB down with DSL and most times I never got much more than 2200kB down with cable. In the evenings after work it was muchworse and pathetic. DSL was more consistent and stable. So these "up to ..." speed advertisements are so disingenious it must be that it could only happen here ...

Edit: I have to mention that the cable Intro price was already 50% more than the DSL price. Imagine after the 1 year promotion period when I would have had to pay full price for less bandwidth! This was a no brainer decision indeed.

ReformCRTC
Support Your Independent ISP
join:2004-03-07
Canada

ReformCRTC to leftout

to leftout
like the latest episode of 24?