spc
Search similar:

uniqs
markbb99
join:2004-07-03
Nashville, TN

markbb99

Augusta DOCSIS 3.0 Active but no speed increase yet

The receive light on my SB6120 has changed from green to blue and the config screens on the modem show the 4 bonded channels.

Hopefully they will push the button soon to increase the speeds - I am still showing 8.82Mbps/0.72 with Edge (the download is a very slight increase!).

marcusm88
join:2009-06-29
Augusta, GA

marcusm88

I spoke with someone at Knology a few weeks ago and they said the new speeds will become active on April 1st.

I assume you noticed the difference on Thursday, 3/18 ? I'm over here in the Martinez-Evans area and my connection has been down since then. I'm hoping they don't come out and say my modem wont work with their new system... its a Linksys CM100

A tech is coming out tomorrow afternoon, until them I'm tethered to my t-mobile g1's 3g conneciton... No gaming on this

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by marcusm88:

I spoke with someone at Knology a few weeks ago and they said the new speeds will become active on April 1st.
Also known as April Fools' day... Just saying :P

marcusm88
Augusta, GA

marcusm88

Yea... I guess i was fooled.

Lark3po
Premium Member
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by marcusm88:

Yea... I guess i was fooled.

LOL! Poor thing. I'm sure it's coming, hang in there.

marcusm88
Augusta, GA

marcusm88

Still no upgrade and I keep getting this download speed too

marcusm88

marcusm88

DOCSIS 3.0 IS ACTIVE!

Now it's time to get edge.

Lark3po
Premium Member
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by marcusm88:

DOCSIS 3.0 IS ACTIVE!

Now it's time to get edge.
Congrats!

spikimike
join:2010-04-05
Augusta, GA

spikimike to markbb99

to markbb99
hello, I'm not sure what kind od modern you have, but I have a web star and all mine are green. They up graded to docsis 3 in augusta but the speeds isn't where they should me. I ran a speed test and ilm getting 24 mbs and only 1.7 up. I called the techs and they told me that was ok. Is anyone else ge up graded and if so whats your speed they also told me that their normal internet was 15 down and only 756 up.

marcusm88
Augusta, GA

marcusm88

There were several people in Huntsville that are having this issue. I don't know if anyone ever determined the cause of it. You may want to read some of the Huntsville threads.

I have a Linksys CM100, but my Edge service upgrade hasn't become active yet. I'll post a speedtest when it does.

I think the official speeds are:
Standard - 12M down 2M up
Edge - 25M down 5M up

spikimike
join:2010-04-05
Augusta, GA

spikimike

hey how can u show your test result from a ps3

Lark3po
Premium Member
Madison, AL