HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to ImranUK

Re: [H/W] Home Setup - 50MB Cable Connection

@macallah
From my personal experience, I had a 5505/10-user Base and a downstream 3750
with a 1000+ DHCP pool, never had a complaint about people accessing the Internet
simultaneously. This was an actual client that took the phrase "Cheap, Fast,
Perfect AND Ready By Yesterday" to the extreme everytime.

Was going to say that idolclub has a basic load test of a 5505 here as a performance baseline as well »ASA 5500 Series 8.3(x) Memory Requirements

Regards

macallah

join:2003-01-22
Wichita Falls, TX

said by HELLFIRE:

@macallah
From my personal experience, I had a 5505/10-user Base and a downstream 3750
with a 1000+ DHCP pool, never had a complaint about people accessing the Internet
simultaneously. This was an actual client that took the phrase "Cheap, Fast,
Perfect AND Ready By Yesterday" to the extreme everytime.

Was going to say that idolclub has a basic load test of a 5505 here as a performance baseline as well »ASA 5500 Series 8.3(x) Memory Requirements

Regards
That is the solution I think I am going to go with. I am just wondering how long I have to wait until the stock of the 256MB 5505s goes away since Cisco says they now need 512MB.

My current plan is to hook the ASA up to the WAN, then the LAN connection going to my switch. I will run the firewall and NAT on the ASA.

I will hook my current 861 up to the switch on the LAN side (just leave the 861 WAN disconnected) and have it handle all the stuff I already have in it like DHCP addresses, NTP and DNS services. May as well put the 861 to work since it is already here.