Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to jcoutos

Premium Member

to jcoutos

Re: improving disk data transfer rate

Its a gigabyte board with sata3 on it
heres a list of what it has
»secure.newegg.com/WishLi ··· 17842388

the gigabyte board has 6 sata 2 ports from the intel ich10r northbridge, 2 sata3 ports from the marvell chip, 2 from a jmicron chip labled gigabyte2, and 2 sata2 esata ports

the 128c is not accurate (i used an inferred thermometer to check its no where near 128c and the temp reading doesn't change even if the room is 64F)

so I don't know what HDtune is reading the temp from for the SSD but its not a temp sensor
jcoutos
join:2009-03-07

jcoutos

Yea cool, I was kinda thinking in the back of my mind if anyone was trying out those new giga-boards I saw at my local computer shop 2 weeks ago. Sweet, nice rig setup there looks very tasty.

hmm, have you tried updating your HD Tune program to latest version 4.01? maybe your 2.55 version doesn't have SSD support and is reading some retarded number.

anyways, nice system there man. Looks like nothing but positive comments from the people that purchased that SSD that you have in there, but man $500 is a nice chunk of dough for a 128GB SSD, ouch.

and 64F in your room? brr thats 17.5C ... you must be freezing in there. LOL. I know I would.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu to DarkLogix

MVM

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

the 128c is not accurate (i used an inferred thermometer to check its no where near 128c and the temp reading doesn't change even if the room is 64F)

so I don't know what HDtune is reading the temp from for the SSD but its not a temp sensor
It's a bug in HDTune. Most SSDs don't have a thermistor in them that's tied to a SMART attribute (usually SMART attribute 194). HDTune doesn't appear to handle that situation correctly.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix to jcoutos

Premium Member

to jcoutos
the HDtune I downloaded was from HDtune's site last week (but its the free trial version)

and I like 64F (I turn it up to 69F when I'm at work)
jcoutos
join:2009-03-07

jcoutos

yea i went to the store today to have a look around, they have these intel ones here going for about $275 ... 80GB

Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB 2.5" SATA2 Solid State Drive
»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· =HDD.859

Kingston has a 128GB version for $10 more, any reviews on this one? is the intel version better then this drive?

Kingston SSDNow V-Series G2 2.5", 128GB, SATA Solid State Drive 200MB/sec. read; 160MB/sec. write
»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· =HDD.859