Premium
join:2003-05-26
USA/MidWest
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

Southern Spring

So, now the buds are letting loose, what plans do Southerners have for Spring / pre summer?

Got the boat ready, spent a small fortune getting the car ready to go more than 10 miles. Planning Summer and mucho lake visits ~Ouachita in a month.

»www.arkansas.com/lakes-rivers/la···px?id=23

Your turn.....

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Fifth-wheel is in the shop having the annual "pre-trip" axle service being done. I've got all the stuff needed to get the truck "serviced". Truck batteries have already been replaced, trailer battery is still good.

First trip, plan v 0.1, is laid out on the calendar. First batch of emails is off to the folks we are going to visit in the Tulsa area, waiting on replies so we can send the next batch. (This is a 50th high skool reunion + visit with a bunch of friends and relatives along the way.)

Second trip is in the very early planning stage, meaning, "we know where the other end of the trip is going to be - Greendale, WI". This one is early fall. By then, my new non-organic knee should be ready for some decent amount of walking, assuming that the other, organic, knee can keep up.

MrMaster
jetsetter
Premium
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

said by McSummation:

Fifth-wheel is in the shop having the annual "pre-trip" axle service being done. I've got all the stuff needed to get the truck "serviced". Truck batteries have already been replaced, trailer battery is still good.

First trip, plan v 0.1, is laid out on the calendar. First batch of emails is off to the folks we are going to visit in the Tulsa area, waiting on replies so we can send the next batch. (This is a 50th high skool reunion + visit with a bunch of friends and relatives along the way.)

Second trip is in the very early planning stage, meaning, "we know where the other end of the trip is going to be - Greendale, WI". This one is early fall. By then, my new non-organic knee should be ready for some decent amount of walking, assuming that the other, organic, knee can keep up.
Greendale? I assume you have friends or relatives there?

bring some spotted cow back for me.
--
One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done. -Marie Curie

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:2

Nope, don't know a soul there. It's the publishing location of a bunch of magazines that my wife subscribes to and their "welcome center" sounded interesting, that's all.

I had to Google "spotted cow" to find out "You want me to transport booze over state lines"!

I got the trailer from the shop. Got, at least, a full bottle of propane. Should be ready to go on first trip in a few weeks.

Kiwi
Premium
join:2003-05-26
USA/MidWest
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to Kiwi

Interesting intervention, but not therapeutic!

Took the primed up Tahoe out to the local lake Sunday and paid the drop-in-the-water-fee, fantastic weather and thought "I'm getting away from the hell and bustle." That came to a halt really fast, Rangers showed up while in a little cove putting a clothes peg on baby girls line, working around her pink shiny life jacket, at anchor, along with my daughter, her soon to be hubby and yes my Granddaughter, I lay quick claims as able to baby girl

Rangers
"Having a nice day." I answered, "Well, I was, came out here to get away from this kind of thing" (I was not smiling). "We want to see your fishing licence, drivers license, proof of registration and insurance, how many life vests are there~Lets see them? Do you have a kill switch available?" Good grief, what side are we on South or North of the friggin Russian border. Bad enough there is duplicate tax on tax and 'Additional' bogus related fees and tax on those as well.
Seems reading is difficult, if the blasted registration is on the side of the boat, that should be enough and while I'm here; yes I got ticketed because my insurance company does not provide proof of insurance on boats, the insurance agent states "I don't know why we don't." I said "Strange is it not, that's really like a receipt, eh." Thanks for the extra fee I have now.

Anyway, I now have a sign for the next one that does that and all the questions and papers are taped to it, much like a flag [I'll have an opportunity to lay humor on next time] and I'll just throw it over and tell them to throw it back when they are done; I'm sure the red sickle will get a prompt.

I had to come to a free country before having to deal with this kind of lunacy. Go find a crime....LOL

Sometimes it's damn hard to simply be left alone.