Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cajun4x4

join:2000-10-02
Rayne, LA

2 edits

Geez people

Don't you understand that this is for the ones that have poor reception in houses that don't have good signals due to penetration issues. If you don't like it then don't buy the darn thing, but I for one cannot wait to get the service and downgrade my 1400 minute plan thereby basically costing me $50 for the device and allowing me to have unlimited use of my cell at home which is where I use my cell phonemost often. I would much rather have this that spend the hundreds of $ that most repeaters cost for whole house coverage.

odreian615

join:2006-01-18
Chicago, IL

Lets see I pay $230ish a month for wireless(family),landline and DSL. I want to get a smart phone in April so I have to add $30 on top of what I pay so that's $260. Now add $20 for the Microcell and it comes out too $280. Don't you think that's a tad bit too much?
It should be.
1 At&t service(cell). $20 a month plus $50 for the Microcell.
2 At&t services. $15 a month plus $50 for Microcell.
3 At&t services. $5 dollars a month or just don't give me the $5 dollars off my bill for having 3 services plus $50 for the Microcell.
4 Services The Microcell device should be free and no monthly fee.

buckingham
Buckingham Pa
Premium
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to cajun4x4

said by cajun4x4:

Don't you understand that this is for the ones that have poor reception in houses that don't have good signals due to penetration issues. If you don't like it the don't buy the darn thing, but I for one cannot wait to get the service and downgrade my 1400 minute plan thereby basically costing me $50 for the device and allowing me to have unlimited use of my cell at home which is where it it used most often. I would much rather have this that spend the hundreds of $ that most repeaters cost for whole house coverage.
Totally agree...and I'm in exactly that situation. 'Doesn't matter what carrier, there is limited or no cell service inside of our house due to 1) 250 year old 18" thick stone walls in part of the house and 2) the local topology which blocks line-of-sight to the tower on the hill behind us that is less than 1/2 mile away. I just want the femtocell so our iPhones and my daughters' phones will actually work in the house...we have more than enough roll-over minutes to use that there would be no point to us subscribing to the $20 "unlimited" plan for this since we're not heavy phone users.