All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless

Overseas, switching carriers , prepaid, & not unlimited.

Well in theory it will connect to any internet connection, so hopefully it will NOT lock into your local IP address or a US only IP address, allowing you to travel the world with it. It would be a great advantage for those like me who travel to Canada often and those who go over seas. At $20 its worth it for those situations, however for constant usage in my house only? I think not. if thats to be the case I'll wait for the Magicjack femto to hit the market and save $18 a month! I own a unlocked Blackberry 8220 with b.tooth & wifi, No 3G.

I especially love to laugh at this part ,and I quote... " Those who don't want to pay $20 a month (plus wireless plan) can pay the full $150 for the device, but calls made via the Microcell will eat away at your AT&T wireless minutes.". So if I want to own my device I get penalized and Im guessing no unlimited for me. this might have merit for those on by-the-min prepaid, $100 airtime gets you 1 year of service but we know ATT will lock those customers out from using Micorocell with prepaid. why? because thats the only customers it would make basic sense for. Unlimited mins at home and you don't need to worry about a monthly cell bill. You could get rid of your VOIP provider if your single/ or live alone and use this for home phone service instead ( i think thats whats ATT is hoping for). I'd pay $20 ($10 sounds better) a month if It could be used for unlimited calls @ home on a by-the-min prepaid plan/sim on ATT.

The funny part is how they sneaked the bundle option in there, so what happens to those who have cable internet and are happy with there much faster than DSL speeds for almost the same price. Great gimmick to get you to switch ISP's. however we know ATT does not market items for there customers they market it for the shareholders. Get your wallet out for and extra $20 a month to ATT for something thats really not unlimited. Why? if your on cable you better start watching your data usage if your a heavy user as most are caped. Making your Unlimited calling from your ATT's microcell ...well LIMITED!

93388818 (banned)
It's cool, I'm takin it back
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned)

said by buddahbless:

Well in theory it will connect to any internet connection, so hopefully it will NOT lock into your local IP address or a US only IP address, allowing you to travel the world with it...
Nope, GPS and other methods make sure you have it working where the device is registered.

That doesn't mean you can't move it or take it with you, you just have to register the new location using your online account.