Search similar:

uniqs

brnnbrd
@eprod.com

1 edit

brnnbrd

Anon

[CenturyTel] Xbox Live NAT problems with Westell 7500

I have CenturyLink's 10mb tier, actually posting down speeds of almost 12mb...I attempted to port forward through the admin settings of the router and it killed my internet completely. After setting it back up with centurylink's support, they transfered me to the "tech" guys who tried to walk me through allowing live to bypass the NAT. The only thing they had me do was use the xbox ip as static. My 360 gave me a one time Open NAT result when i tested the connection, since then it has reverted to moderate. I have checked and the xbox is still on the same IP that i set to static in the router. The westell 7500 is a modem / 4-port router / wifi combo, and the port forwarding on its setup does not allow you to specify a port. It has an allow _____ and selecting xbox live in there killed my internet altogether. I can't bridge the router as I use it as a wireless connection point. Thanks for the help!

[mod note - title edited for better search results]

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

2 edits

Hazy Arc

Re: [CenturyTel] Xbol Live NAT problems with Westell 7500

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open in order to have an open NAT:

* TCP 80
* UDP 88
* UDP 3074
* TCP 3074
* UDP 53
* TCP 53

Assign your Xbox 360 a static IP address (you can do this from the Xbox 360 itself), then forward the above ports to that IP address.

»support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

*Edit
Just read that you mention the Westell doesn't allow specific port forwarding? That seems ridiculous.
rabeatz7
Premium Member
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

Just checked portforward.com and it isn't listed there, does seem a little weird.

Try »forum.portforward.com/Ya ··· 20972186 . It's for a verizon Westell 7500 but they had some steps on how to port forward.
rabeatz7

rabeatz7 to brnnbrd

Premium Member

to brnnbrd
»www.westell.com/images/d ··· uide.pdf

That is the Westell user guide for the CenturyLink version of the 7500.

Port forwarding starts on page 60, and allows you to specify which port range you're forwarding. I think this is what you're looking for, using the ports that HazyArc listed.

If that doesn't workI believe the SSI on page 120 is the equivalent of DMZ, perhaps you can set that to the XBOX's IP address and see if that fixes it?

brnnbrd
@eprod.com

brnnbrd to brnnbrd

Anon

to brnnbrd
OK, thanks guys, I got it now!
chelpt
join:2008-05-24
La Crosse, WI

1 edit

chelpt to brnnbrd

to brnnbrd

Re: [CenturyTel] Xbox Live NAT problems with Westell 7500

From your last post, it sounded like you got this worked out. I also just want to point out that these westel devices also have onboard firewalls. Some times you need to de-activate them for certain things like this.