share rss forum feed

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12

New Plex Speeds

For those of you with Fiber, Plex now offers symmetrical 10Mbps, 20Mbps, and 30Mbps for $45, $55, and $75 respectively.

I upgraded from my old Lightstar 15Mbps/2Mbps plan to the 20Mbps plan and saved $15 bucks a month! I'm just waiting on the new profile to hit my ONT.

»www.northstate.net/productpage.p···pageid=2

spltfngr66

join:2009-08-18
High Point, NC

1 edit

Man, I am so jealous....i want symmetrical speeds. How is the latency. Can you post a speedtest and pingtest results

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
Jamestown, NC

said by spltfngr66:

Man, I am so jealous....i want symmetrical speeds. How is the latency. Can you post a speedtest and pingtest results
I'm STILL waiting on my order to process. The lady admitted it's a simple configuration file change, but she said it has to go through several departments so it could take 3-5 business days. It's been 3 and still no upgrade.

This is silly.

Regardless, the speed won't affect pingtest results:

The packet loss test kept failing to run no matter the server I chose.

spltfngr66

High Point, NC

Push the button on the provision already. That ping crushes my 20Mbps ASDL2+ connection, averages around 100ms.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
Jamestown, NC

Someone pushed the button. I think my dinky WRT54GL is limiting speeds, so I may hook up my Zywall 5.

spltfngr66

High Point, NC

That is awesome! I wonder how aggressively they are rolling out fiber upgrades. Every time I contact them they don't have a time frame, only that there will be a placard on my door when the service is available. I have to drive by the buried fiber post at the intersection of Penny and Woodpark everyday and it just eats at me that it is not run into the neighborhood.