uniqs

twansenne
join:2003-10-27
IA

1 edit

1 recommendation

twansenne

Add 30-Second Skip Forward for DVR

For all the DVR users we should know that the "Page -" button will skip back 30 second, but there is no butto to skip forwar 30 seconds. I found the following and setup the GREEN D button (just below the "PAGE-") on my black MCC remote to skip forward 30 seconds

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ho ··· ond_Skip
Add 30-Second Skip Forward for DVR

The following technique can be used to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command. Current versions of the i-Guide software will skip forward 30 seconds into a recording when this command is sent. A good choice is the 'A / Lock' button since many users don't need that function; you can feel both the '15-second-back' and '30-second-skip' buttons with one finger and move between them without looking. Another option is to reprogram the '15-second back' button, since PgDn already provides that functionality. Some users have found, however, that double-clicking the play button results in a 30-second skip forward.

1. Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00173.
6. Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.

rstrandb
Howl at the moon
Premium Member
join:2003-04-17
Albany, GA

rstrandb

Premium Member

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to twansenne

Premium Member

to twansenne
MoCA will use some of those keys.
alarson83
join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83

MoCA?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

said by alarson83:

MoCA?
Multimedia over Coax Alliance. It's a spec for networking via coax, which will be used for the whole home DVR's that should be release at a future date. What he was saying is to be careful about remapping unused buttons like that as you may need them later for new features

As a side note, my Harmony remote has all this built in to it

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Future date would be April 1st in Des Moines, IA. Currently limited to 3 rooms and 500GB HDD.

@beachintech I hate Harmony remotes. I just can't stand the shape and the layout.
alarson83
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83

interesting. is the interface the same clunky interface the dvrs currently have, or is there any upgrade to that in this?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

1 edit

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Clunky interface with some added pages (same old clunky-ness)
alarson83
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83

said by Anonymous88:

Clunky interface with some added pages (same old clunky-ness)
awesome, lol. if only they had a better interface on there. thats one of the big reasons im on a tivo.
GWCR
join:2009-07-15
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

Future date would be April 1st in Des Moines, IA. Currently limited to 3 rooms and 500GB HDD.
Any update on this release? Curious to see if anyone has it and how it works for them.
GWCR

GWCR

Any word on the multi-room DVR? Is it out there in the field anywhere, and if so any release scheduled for Cedar Rapids?

Thanks!
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

1 edit

wth to twansenne

Premium Member

to twansenne
I noticed last night that the "page-" button will not "rewind back" 15 seconds, but causes the DVR (Motorola 3400) to jump backwards like 5 min or so . A few months ago I had programed the "D" button for a 30 sec FF skip, and this function still works.
Also noticed pushing the "guide" button twice does not bring up the "settings" menu anymore either.
So I'm guessing mediacom pushed a new firmware out to the box?
ADDED: Just noticed the OP's link shows a method to add a 15 sec "rewind", so I'll program "C" to do this.
Cableman32
join:2007-10-05
Florida, NY

Cableman32 to twansenne

to twansenne
The replay key will go back 15-20 seconds already. That is the key next to the list button on the remote right above rewind.

smr
@mchsi.com

smr to wth

Anon

to wth
I thought it was just me, wrth. The same thing happened to my setup (also 3400). It was nice having the "rewind back" button on the pagedown button at the top of the remote. Same thing with the "guide" button acting differently.
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to Cableman32

Premium Member

to Cableman32
said by Cableman32:

The replay key will go back 15-20 seconds already. That is the key next to the list button on the remote right above rewind.
Forgot about that button. But the problem there is that 15 sec rewind button is down in the middle of the remote on the left side, almost 3" away from the "D" programed 30 sec FF button, that's why I programed the "C" button for the 15 sec rewind, since there side by side.