how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

charterchump

join:2002-01-23
Shawnee, OK

ATT DLS (Unannounced) Price Increase?

I've had the ATT Elite (6Mbps) DSL service for a couple of years at $35/mo. Today I received this months bill and it was $38.

Ironic that in the same billing envelope they included a notice of a Class Action Settlement Involving Your DSL Service. It said that I was not affected (that I'd been getting the advertised speed) but that if I did not agree I could fill out a form and "may be entitled to a one-time payment of $2.00." Guess they are financing the extreme burden of these $2 potential payments with a $3/month boost in everyone's DSL charge.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
That price hike was announced, even here in the DSLR forums, months ago.

Just one of the threads:

»AT&T to increase prices for U-Verse and DSL

I don't feel like searching for more.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to charterchump
Here's a link to a February elite price increase email
Important Change to your AT&T Internet Service

lbla50

join:2010-05-07
Monterey Park, CA
reply to charterchump
I noticed the $3 increase and called to see if they had any promotions that would give me a better price. The $24.95 per month for any speed for 12 months is only for new customers. When I told them I was going to look at cable, they switch me to another department. When I asked about the increase, they repeated that all internet was being raised by $3. When I told them I would have to look at cable, she asked me if I was going to leave. When I told them I would, she said they could offer me $10 off my bill for 12 months. The "key" is you have to tell them you are leaving and then they will give you a better deal. It's the "retention" department. They don't want to lose you as a customer, but unless you tell them you're quitting ATT, they don't offer you anything. Go figure!!

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
reply to charterchump
I called in to get the $25 per month for a year promotion for Elite DSL and did not even have to talk to retentions, the first rep I asked to in billing said no problem and did it no questions asked.

phaze84

join:2004-02-09
Deer Park, TX
reply to charterchump
Hmm how about for users with dry loop dsl (no phone line). I am paying 45 mo since day 1