Search similar:

uniqs
dschumacher
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27
Herndon, VA

dschumacher

Premium Member

[FiOS Phone] FIOS Phone Wiring from ONT to NID?

Verizon was supposed to install a second FIOS phone line today. I had my wife stay home all day, but they never showed up to connect the second pair from the ONT to the NID. The line otherwise appears to be activated administratively because I can call it and get transferred to voice mail. The new line also shows up in my Digital Voice Manager.

The On-Line Chat is unavailable (too busy) and I have been listening to voice prompts and music for entirely too long.

I am thinking of just going in and connecting a pair myself. My question is whether there is a required/preferred color pair to use for this connection?

Regards, Dan

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

The convention for the second pair is white/orange. You may find it is already connected at the ONT.
If that's the case, you would only need to connect it to your desired inside pair at the NID.

Acc708
join:2008-06-28

Acc708 to dschumacher

to dschumacher
The ont is the demarc now instead of the nid. Unless requested, they don't dispatch out for an additional line. The dial tone is probably sitting in the ont, which can be confirmed by plugging a phone in to the first spare jack test port in the ont.

mystryfiostk
join:2008-07-17

mystryfiostk to dschumacher

to dschumacher
They did a CO connect. Happens all the time.

Call in for a trouble ticket. Ignore the threats about wire charges and let a tech come by and do it the right way.

Gary A
join:2008-03-02
Odessa, FL

Gary A to dschumacher

to dschumacher

ONT Connections
Its probably already connected. That's the way they installed mine. In the photo above, line1 (blue/blue-white) from the house wiring is connected to the left and line2 (orange/orange-white) is connected to the right. I only have one line active, but they connected both.
dschumacher
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

dschumacher

Premium Member

Thanks all for the responses. Unfortunately, the installer only stripped and connected one pair (blue/white). No big thing for me to do it myself, but I am a bit miffed that I twice told the agent that took my order that a second pair needed to be physically connected. Either she didn't understand what I was saying or the implementation group ignored the note and just did the connect at the central office.

Regards, Dan

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

There are no notes in the sytem to tell a tech that you will be ordering a second line in the future. Did you tell the install tech that you were getting a second line?
dschumacher
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

dschumacher

Premium Member

Polo,

No I didn't because I hadn't decided to do so at the time of the FIOS install. I probably should have done so just in case.

Regards, Dan