spc
Search similar:

uniqs
CntrSnr2001
join:2010-02-09
Chicago, IL

CntrSnr2001

[ New 80 Leveling] Refer-a-friend leveling

I am thinking of making another account to get the bonus exp and then level another toon to 60 (triple exp or something like that). can i do this and then at level 60 pay the transfer fee and then bring him over to my main acct? is that allowed? do people do this?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yup. All the time.

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar to CntrSnr2001

Premium Member

to CntrSnr2001
What if you transfered a toon from the old account with a full set of BOA gear to the new account, would the triple xp stack with BOA gear?

Not that anyone would actually do this....just curious.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Probably.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to CntrSnr2001

to CntrSnr2001
A friend of mine does this all the time, he has 14 level 80's between 2 servers. He levels a pair up while dual boxing with one account having LK and the RAF acct just being vanilla and gets both to 60 in old world content then account xfers the RAF toon to his regular account after dumping the bonus levels to another toon then uses the BOA gear to solo level the 60's to 80.
ocehtamote
join:2010-03-16
Watertown, NY

ocehtamote to Kulldar

to Kulldar
The max allowable xp gain is 300% the BoA would help after level 60 but not before
Khalandil
join:2009-10-22
Fairbanks, AK

Khalandil to CntrSnr2001

to CntrSnr2001
Also keep in mind that RAF accounts only last 90 days; I'm not sure if this is actual play time or just for three months, I'm pretty sure it's only a 3 mount time period before the xp bonus will no longer take affect.
CntrSnr2001
join:2010-02-09
Chicago, IL

1 edit

CntrSnr2001

do i need to purchase another CD with a new serial key to run another account even if i only run one acct at a time?

riyo
@wcmc.com

riyo to CntrSnr2001

Anon

to CntrSnr2001
not true i have RAF with a buddy and my guys have shoulders and chest and i out level him all the time, once we are getting to far apart i let him turn in quests that i will abandon so he can catch up, now i just take off the chest and shoulders. but it does stack with the 300%.
KCP
join:2008-06-21
Pearl River, LA

KCP to CntrSnr2001

to CntrSnr2001
That is too open of a question...

Yes, if you want to bring them passed level 20...no if you just want to blaze passed lower levels. The trial accounts do allow you to grant the levels that you have earned.

Here's the kicker: the can only boost toons lower level. So if you have a fresh roll, level 2 toon to 20 (assuming you do not buy the account key) and take your main account, roll fresh toon and grant those levels to the fresh level one. Congratulations! You just dinged level 20 in less than 5 minutes.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to ocehtamote

Premium Member

to ocehtamote
said by ocehtamote:

The max allowable xp gain is 300% the BoA would help after level 60 but not before
Do you have documented proof of this?

I am pretty certain that when I was leveling my toons w/ RAF and BoA gear that it did stack. Also reading This Thread it looks to confirm my thoughts. I remember my buddy bitching about my BoA gear making me outpace him.
ocehtamote
Watertown, NY

ocehtamote

Im at work right now but when I go home I will search for where I read that.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to CntrSnr2001

to CntrSnr2001
Nothing stacks with recruit-a-friend.

Mahmoud2
@cigna.com

Mahmoud2 to CntrSnr2001

Anon

to CntrSnr2001
Gonna have to agree just based on personal experience. my sister and i rolled RAF where I was the sponsor and she was the recruit. I was able to send the BoA shoulders, chest and weps down to my char and she had just what she picked up along the way. We did nothing but instance runs from about level 15 on and she leveled at the same rate I did. The only thing the BoA gear did for me was save some trips to the AH looking for better gear.
ocehtamote
Watertown, NY

ocehtamote to Zyncotl

to Zyncotl
This is from the Blizzard Recruit a friend FAQ.
»us.blizzard.com/support/ ··· Id=25716

What if I'm partied with multiple recruits with whom I'm linked? Do I get quadruple or quintuple the experience?

No. Although you may be linked with multiple accounts, the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300% —triple the normal amount.

even thou it doesn't say anything about heirloom items.. it states "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to Mahmoud2

to Mahmoud2
said by Mahmoud2 :

The only thing the BoA gear did for me was save some trips to the AH looking for better gear.
Even without BoA gear you really shouldn't need to hit the AH for upgrades while leveling. My human pally still had lvl 38 mail pants when I went to outlands at 58 and I didn't have a problem killing mobs with old world gear since that toon is on a different server than any of my toons with BoA gear.

riyo
@wcmc.com

riyo to CntrSnr2001

Anon

to CntrSnr2001
i will post with the same exact thing i said before, i dont care if it says 300% is as much as you get at any given time, what i am telling you from PERSONAL experience is that boa gear increases the 300%. even last night started yet another toon, by the time i dinged 12 my raf dinged 10, exact same quests mob kills and everything, so regardless what you read or what you think, the boa gear stacks with the 300%. end of that question, no further mention of it is required

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl

Premium Member

I read that the cap 300% as well, but as I said I remember my buddy bitching about my BoA gear. I never played without him being on and I was several levels ahead of him, to the point where when doing certain quests (like the snuff from the pirates or the pirate hats in Tanaris) I would let him get the quest and I would pass on it so he could keep up.

I know what blizzard states but I agree with Riyo that it does stack.
ocehtamote
Watertown, NY

ocehtamote

here is an easy fix.. get boa gear kill one mob write down the xp gain... kill nother mob of the same level without boa gear write down xp and tell us the diffrence

Gordo74
Premium Member
join:2003-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74 to CntrSnr2001

Premium Member

to CntrSnr2001
I know for a fact that the BoA and RaF bonuses stack. My brother and I tested this. He had no BoA gear, I had full. He would kill a mob, he would get, say 200xp, I would get 240'ish.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to CntrSnr2001

Premium Member

to CntrSnr2001
does being granted a level wipe out the levels you can grant someone else? or does it lock you out for a day?

I used RAF to get 2 friends in. We don't play at the same rates, so naturally, our lvls get lopsided. It seems only one of us can benefit from the granted level mechanic in any given day. Haven't done any real testing, but once I was given a couple of levels, I could not grant levels to the lower of our trio.
Quickdamage
join:2009-06-27
Maynard, MA

Quickdamage to CntrSnr2001

to CntrSnr2001
On a side note, I think the BG system is bugged for the holiday weekend. I am level 51 and am gaining 45k out of 126k xp per WSG win. get your leveling in while it's hot

Gordo74
Premium Member
join:2003-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74 to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

does being granted a level wipe out the levels you can grant someone else? or does it lock you out for a day?

I used RAF to get 2 friends in. We don't play at the same rates, so naturally, our lvls get lopsided. It seems only one of us can benefit from the granted level mechanic in any given day. Haven't done any real testing, but once I was given a couple of levels, I could not grant levels to the lower of our trio.
You can only grant levels from the recruited account to the recruiter account.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Orly... I should really have paid more attention to the rules, lol. Thanks, Gordo.