spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bobjohnson12
@knology.net

Bobjohnson12

Anon

Knoxville DOCSIS 3.0 ETA?

Hey guys, I live in West Knoxville and the apartments I live in are contracted to Knology.

Because of this, I'm stuck with a sub-par connection in an area also covered by Charter -- unless I want to deal with the paperwork and fees of having Charter install their own cabling in my apartment.

I've been reading about the new DOCSIS 3 that Knology is slowly rolling out and was wondering if anyone knew if and when this is ever going to happen in Knoxville?

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

Jon Doe0

It is coming.... Knox is on the list. I venture end of second Qtr.

olo131

DJ
Premium Member
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL

DJ to Bobjohnson12

Premium Member

to Bobjohnson12
I was hoping Columbus would be in the next round, since my ping times to Atlanta have dropped to 12ms over the last week or two during peak times, whereas it used to "jump" to around 26ms. I used to only see 12ms during non peak hours.

Mediacom's standard package here has been 12/1 for several months now. One would think Knology would step it up just a little faster than this, especially since we're only 30 minutes from their national HQ in West Point.

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

Jon Doe0 to Bobjohnson12

to Bobjohnson12
DJ, I know that Columbus should be seeing something very soon.... before Knox. Keep an eye on the post you'll see whom gets what when

Hang in there guys Knology is getting on the ball.... Some times it takes a while to decide what color the ball should be!!!