Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Sweet Witch

Premium Member

to Sweet Witch

Re: [All] Park info needed

said by Sweet Witch:

What I'm looking for are bridges like this one I found in Maine (I can't wait for it to green-up up there!).
Where is that one? That isnt at Laudholm farms in Wells is it?

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

Sweet Witch

MVM

It's at Fore River Sanctuary in Portland Maine
Sweet Witch

Sweet Witch to swintec

MVM

to swintec
said by swintec:
That's one strange little place! It's just a field out in back of some houses. Wouldn't mind living in one of those houses though - with that whole area mowed by someone else

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

1 edit

swintec

Premium Member

said by Sweet Witch:
said by swintec:
That's one strange little place! It's just a field out in back of some houses. Wouldn't mind living in one of those houses though - with that whole area mowed by someone else
Strange yes, but unless it has changed the past few years, very very interesting.A lot of trails for walking (cross country skiing in the winter) and a lot of educational stuff goes on there as well. Several years back (ok many years back) we went there on a field trip for school for the study of eco systems and what not. Your previous picture of that bridge made me think of it.

EDIT- There is a small picture of the bridge I was thinking of on the right hand side: »www.wellsreserve.org/vis ··· l_system

Sweet Witch
MVM
Gallifrey

Sweet Witch

MVM

See, when I look at the satellite shot through Google Maps, it's all mowed - no trees.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

I believe it has a little bit of everything, from Forest to ocean type atmosphere.

Sweet Witch
MVM
Gallifrey

Sweet Witch

MVM

I looked deeper into your link and found a real map. The one on Google only has the three houses and the parking area, hence my confusion. The true map show much more. And, it's much closer to me that Portland so it's another option