uniqs
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Doesn't Vonage label their equipment?

This morning, I bought a Linksys RTP300 at a thrift store. Nothing on the unit anywhere refers to any provider. Once I got it home and accessed the administration pages, I see that this is locked into Vonage. Had I known this, I never would have bought it. Apparently, the 5.01.04 firmware on this doesn't lend itself to unlocking easily. A call to Vonage asking for the configuration password was met with a "NO" response (I expected this, but it didn't hurt to try).

I would think that Vonage would label their stuff (for advertising purposes, if nothing else), but that is apparently not true.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

If it was just a sticker, the owner may have removed it.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to daveinpoway

Premium Member

to daveinpoway
Vonage brand labeling seems to be somewhat arbitrary.

I currently have a Motorola VT-2442 and a Linksys/Cisco RTP300. The Motorola VT-2442 has a screen printed Vonage Logo on the front of the unit. The Linksys/Cisco RTP300 only has Linksys and Cisco branding. I previously had two Vonage supplied Linksys/Cisco RT31P2 routers, and I don't remember them having Vonage labeling either. Perhaps it is a Cisco or Linksys marketing restriction? I work with a lot of networking equipment, and I do see a lot of re-branding and co-branding, but I don't think that I have ever seen a re-branded or co-branded Cisco product.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Thanks for that info.

Phoenix2088
join:2002-12-04
Strongsville, OH

Phoenix2088 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway