spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ToBeHuman

join:2006-03-10
Long Beach, CA

Internet pricing after 6 month promo period (Long Beach, CA)

I currently have Verizon dry loop DSL 7Mpbs down for $37.99/month. I got this price on a promotion. Next month they are going to start charging me $54.99/month. I live in an apartment and cannot get FIOS. I think it is ridiculous for have to pay $54.99/month for 7Mbps down when FIOS people can pay the same and get 15Mpbs down.

So I'm looking into getting Charter internet instead. I can get 16Mbps down for $49.99 for the 1st 6 months. I'm trying to figure out how much it'll be after the promotional period. I can't find it anywhere on their website. Does any have any info on this?

I've read various posts on here that Charter speeds fluctuate a lot. Does anyone in the Bixby area have any experience with that?

Thanks.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Goto the Charter website and use the chat feature. They will be able to provide you the prices for all services in your area.
--
Google is your Friend

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
kudos:2
reply to ToBeHuman
You can expect $80-$90/mo.

You could have 10 people in different areas of your city/town have completely different results with regard to speeds. There are many factors which affect speed - a majority of them exist in your block and even in and near your home.

NeoandGeo

join:2003-05-10
Harrison, TN
To add to this question. I originally signed up for the 8/1 2 year contract $29.99 promotion. A few weeks later I upgraded to the 25/3 service for an extra $25 a month. Will the price be jacked up in 6 months because I upgraded, or will I be lucky enough to get it for 2 years?

I'm guessing 6 months.

ToBeHuman

Long Beach, CA
reply to ToBeHuman
Thanks everyone for all the info. I ended up getting the 16Mbps service for 2 years. To get this I have the 8Mbps $29.99 locked in price + $10/month to upgrade to $39.99. The +$10 is not locked in. I've purchased my own modem. I got a Motorola SB6120 off of Amazon for $79.99.

ToBeHuman

Long Beach, CA
reply to ToBeHuman
Does anyone know if there are taxes on internet only service?

Thanks.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
reply to ToBeHuman
Of course, and likely "wire" or "service" charges as well.
--
Google is your Friend

pyro47

join:2010-02-03
reply to ToBeHuman
On my bill for internet only the taxes/fees are about $0.07 total.

pyro47

join:2010-02-03
reply to ToBeHuman
If you ask about a contract, they'll lock you in the promo price for 2 years. I was able to get 25/3 for $54.99 a month, with $5/month modem rental and then $0.07/month for everything else.