All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jmadden
join:2005-04-11
Montgomery, AL

jmadden

Since we're starting to ask about ETA's.... :)

Anyone know about an ETA for DOCSIS 3.0 in Montgomery?

Sarge
@knology.net

Sarge

Anon

What about Columbus, Ga

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to jmadden

to jmadden
There has been NO locations named so far. The only info released by K* was that 2 locations would see D3 in April and another in May.

However, I would guess that "most" will see D3 by 3Q '10. Exceptions being the purchased/changeover systems.

DJ
Premium Member
join:2001-06-13
Opelika, AL

1 edit

DJ to jmadden

Premium Member

to jmadden
I'm thinking Columbus could be getting it soon because latency has been much lower for the last two weeks or so. Peak time pings are no more. It's now a constant 12-14ms to Atlanta no matter the time of day. They were often around 23-33ms. Speeds were never affected, though, they've always remained sold @ 6.57 Mb/s.

edit: We're up for another round of maintenance Friday night, but this time it's from 12-6 am, not the normal two hour time frames. Who knows, it could happen this weekend??? Not holding my breath, but oh oh oh how nice it would be.

»support.knology.net/cont ··· atus.cfm
DJ

DJ

Premium Member

Lots of maintenance on the updated network status page for Columbus. Could it be? I'll be out of town all day Saturday, so I'll find out when I get back home late Saturday or early Sunday. Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

spikimike
join:2010-04-05
Augusta, GA

spikimike to jmadden

to jmadden
yeah, I know right now I'm doing 25 down and 1.7 up in augusta. i was worried that was going to be it, until I went about a block or two up the road, to a friends house. He ran 25 down and 4.0 up. I got home and called k****. They told me that even tho its faster it ain't out yet. It ain't out until the 4/16. You should reset your modem. I mean I'm in augusta, so you should figure columbus should me next. I know when all the maintenance was being doing hear i saw the change.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to jmadden

to jmadden
Panama City update...

I just had a sales rep do a door-to-door visit and I asked about doc3. He said he heard it "was" for 1st half but "due to issues, may be "3rd qtr." of this year.

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

Jon Doe0 to jmadden

to jmadden
Goober,

The beach will see the D3 very soon but the city (Panama, Lynn Heaven, Callaway) will see it in 3rd Qtr. more to the end of 3d Qtr.

I know it is not what you want to hear but the beach has the biggest slow down.

olo131

teslafan71
@knology.net

teslafan71 to jmadden

Anon

to jmadden
Dont know if anyone is in Charleston,SC but knology is saying Docsis 3.0 will be in Charleston between July and August of this year