fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to EG

Premium Member

to EG

Re: Comcast has problem too

No.. they wouldn't have to support them. I have a Linksys cable modem, and when I need support, I call linksys, not my ISP - in this case, would be Mediacom for that account.

The telephone companies don't seem to have this problem with modems - they simply sell them to the customer, for the large part, and they're pretty much done. They still honor the warranty, etc. But, the modems are really a sale to the customer. They're also cheap enough that the customer can afford to replace it on their own if they have to. Also, it's not a HUGE deal either.. it's not like the cable or phone companies won't give you one and bill you for it on your next bill either.

It's funny... if you think the subscriber likes the idea of their ISP supporting it, do you think the customer feels the same way about cable converters for their TVs?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

I rent my cable modem from TimeWarner and it seems whenever I have an issue their first response is to replace the modem.

I must have had 3 dozens modems replaced. One or two went bad but the rest were repeated dispatched on a PLANT issue (not even a line drop or modem issue).

That's 90% of the issue and the reason for so many truck rolls right there if you ask me.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
Yes.
« flaky cpu systems
This is a sub-selection from Comcast has problem too