join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

1 recommendation

SpaethCo to kapil

MVM

to kapil

Re: Dear JLivingood

said by kapil:

Smoke and mirrors. They knew the perfect storm of regulator ire, legislative nosiness and public backlash was brewing and made a few public relations changes....deep down inside, it's still the same old Comcast it always was.
These are pretty significant changes. We're talking about participating in technical standards bodies and submitting technical documentation for open peer review.

You're writing this off like they just changed the font on their website and added more pictures of kittens. That's just hopelessly short sighted.

There are no shortage of reasons why large companies are evil, but you can occasionally put down the Hatorade and acknowledge when they do something right.

kapil
The Kapil
join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

kapil

said by SpaethCo:

There are no shortage of reasons why large companies are evil, but you can occasionally put down the Hatorade and acknowledge when they do something right.
You are right. Your point is valid and I concede. No, I'm not being a jackass...I mean it, you made your point and I concur.

To the extent that Comcast has made a change in how it operates, those changes have been positive and geared towards being more open.

They still, however, blow. ...and they have much work to do ahead of them....and given their past performance, I am willing to give them no rope. I will believe it when I see it...they get none of my goodwill.

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

jlivingood

Premium Member

Some day I'm going to have to write up some kind of a blog post or longer article about how much this affected everyday stuff. Many of you would be (pleasantly) surprised I suspect.

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

said by jlivingood:

Some day I'm going to have to write up some kind of a blog post or longer article about how much this affected everyday stuff. Many of you would be (pleasantly) surprised I suspect.
I know that I would enjoy that. I'd like to know from someone that I respect (like you) that this episode resulted in actual positive change.
« Net Neutrality - ComcastSigh »
This is a sub-selection from Dear JLivingood