share rss forum feed

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Long time PC user, I recently developed the "need" for a portable computer of some sort. After doing my research, I surprised myself by deciding a 15.4" MacBook Pro would best suit me.

It arrived on the 7th and I was again surprised to find I really like the little guy. I'm busy getting it ready for a trip I plan to take and actually enjoying the process.

If I have a question, please be nice to me. Other than to tease the Chaotic Cat around, I've never said anything bad about the Apple products. It's just so fun to get him going a little.

In my mind, Macs have their pros and cons and, of course, so do the PCs.

I must stop playing with that track pad now and go find out what an "fn" key does.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
OK, that was easy enough.

»www.apple.com/voiceover/info/gui···131.html

--

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to sortofageek
Sooooo, are you gonna fold on it when you get back from your trip?

You don't have to worry about the temps unless they go over 80C. Also get a cooling pad for it. That helps with the temps.
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
Nope.

This is my play toy. I will reboot it a lot and do stuff to it. Planning to add it to my Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit (brand new) domain, which I will build when I return from my trip, migrating from W2K3 at last. Hopefully, I'll have a folding farm in a box as one of my domain controllers, so this little guy is exempt from folding duties.

I will also play with creating a Win7 dual boot on the MBP, just because I can and I actually enjoy that kind of pain.
--