spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Light Inside Truck Bed Cap

I have a cap on my truck bed that slides up on hinges. I'm looking to get a light of some sorts that I can stick on the underside of the cap, because it is tough to see inside when it's dark. Do you guys have any suggestions?

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 edit

swintec

Premium Member

Do you want battery powered lights for occasional use, or are you willing to run wiring and such? I think the ideal setup would be some hard wired lights with a switch just inside the tail gate.

Hazy Arc
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Hmm, I hadn't really thought about the wired vs battery powered options yet. I suppose it would depend on cost and difficulty of installation as I'm relatively "un-handy" when it comes to stuff like this

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

1 recommendation

nerdburg to Hazy Arc

Premium Member

to Hazy Arc
I'm not allowed to modify my work truck, so I installed one like this:
»cgi.ebay.com/Solar-Secur ··· 59e28b85

Works like a charm. Solar panel is mounted inside the truck in the window.
horsemouth1
Please Clarify My CSP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-13
canada

horsemouth1 to Hazy Arc

Premium Member

to Hazy Arc
In my last truck I had a flashlight hanging from a hook [not a good idea btw] It was only after I sold the truck that I saw the tv ad for those lights for closets,you stick to the wall and just push to turn on. Sorry forget the name of them.
I have seen them at the dollar store.
I like the hard wired idea,but my wife sometimes drove my truck,so that would not of worked for me.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

1 recommendation

Lurch77 to Hazy Arc

Premium Member

to Hazy Arc
My preferred method would be to install some 12v lights wired to the truck with a switch. But the simplest install would be something like a "tap light". Battery powered, and you install them with double sided tape or Velcro. Couldn't be more simple. »www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ··· ap+light

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to Hazy Arc

MVM

to Hazy Arc
Get some stick up LED lights. Batteries will last a long time.

StNickless
@tmodns.net

StNickless to Hazy Arc

Anon

to Hazy Arc
2.99$ for a 12VDC bulb and socket.
2.99$ for a microswitch.
5$ +/- for wire and connectors.
30 minutes of time

=

Quality unit that is bombproof.

Of course you can spend 30$ on a POS made in Chiwanistan by real Pakiwanis that will fail exactly at the time you need it the most.

Hazy Arc
Greenwood, SC

Hazy Arc

Gonna try these: »www.amazon.com/gp/produc ··· _product

Will let you know how they work.
Hazy Arc

Hazy Arc

Got my lights in Friday...they work great. They came with double sided velcro and I've mounted it to the underside of my truck cap. Because of the velcro, I'm able to remove the light and use it in my hand when I need to.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77

Premium Member

I figured something like that would work well for you. Cheap, portable, and easy to install.