Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
reply to gjdunga

Re: Voip Concerns - Unblockable numbers, Second Opion Please!

Bresnan's digital phone is not Internet Telephony. They're regular POTS lines that are carried over the cable modem and then converted to analog at the MTA. They don't cross through the Internet at all.
It's not SIP either, it's H.323 (they do offer a commercial SIP solution though).

As for the SPAM calls, legal action (or the threat of) is the most effective way to stop harassing phone calls. You can activate call blocking on your phone service and block the numbers if they call repeatedly.

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
Correction, they're running MGCP, not H.323.

»www.e-c-group.com/on-site-voip-expertise/

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
reply to cablegeek01

gjdunga

join:2002-05-12
Penrose, CO

3 edits
reply to cablegeek01
said by cablegeek01:

As for the SPAM calls, legal action (or the threat of) is the most effective way to stop harassing phone calls. You can activate call blocking on your phone service and block the numbers if they call repeatedly.
@ CableGeek You cannot block malformed telephone numbers, nor can you block "Unknown" or "Private" numbers.

This is at the CORE of my issue.. When the Caller ID header is "NULL" or Malformed and or has less than ten digits, the system passes the call and will not allow you to block them!

Bresnan does not have the ability, or refuses, to provide the ability to block "Anonymous", "Private" or "Unknown" calls. (Including Caller ID headers that are Null or less than 10 digits)

* I know because I DO block the numbers I can, and I DO have anonymous call blocking turned on.. "Null" Headers still get thru!

Let me state.. I don't get calls from foreign countries, nor do I WANT *any* calls unless there is a number I can call back and raise hell on, or report to the FTC, FCC, or Local Law Enforcement..

Secondly, how do you harass a Automated Robo Call??

Thirdly, Asterisks can still act as a MGCP Gateway (Version 1.8)
I could still have the full headers from the call, process the P Assurance ID and or the other caller header information, and use it to report and drop these jerks.

Another Question, because my "Features" are controlled from net2phone, they are (thru Bresnan) still providing the DID right?

Finally, While I don't disagree that it could be MGCP, my conversations with the "Staff" there, was the reason I said it was SIP.. I will confirm this..

Again, do you have a better solution?