uniqs
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

[ Embarq] EQ-660R modem firmware

Yesterday, I picked up an EQ0660R modem at a flea market, and I see that it has the v3.40 (ACZ.2) firmware on it. I would like to update this to a later version, but there doesn't seem to be very much out there for this model. I did come across an .exe routine that is supposed to update to the ACZ.8 firmware, but I get a message that there was an error in unzipping it when I try to use this. On CenturyLink's website, they offer firmware for the 660HW, but not for the 660R.

Does anyone have a link to a .bin file for a later firmware version for this model? I see that this model has some nice firewall options which don't exist in the Earthlink or generic P-660 models, so I would like to keep the Embarq firmware.

I tried calling CenturyLink, but they told me that they have no firmware to send out for this model.

Thanks in advance for your help.

tritch
join:2007-04-30
Porter, TX

2 edits

tritch

You might want to PM forum member rabeatz. He indicated that he had the latest firmware in this thread.

»[ Embarq] Can't forward ports to save my life.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

Thanks for that suggestion. I will also try ZyXEL; I doubt if they have any ISP-specific firmware, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Vaprotan
Vaprotan
Premium Member
join:2002-07-03
Kingsport, TN
Technicolor C2000T

Vaprotan to daveinpoway

Premium Member

to daveinpoway
Actually I just spoke to Joey about this a week or so ago as I noticed the firmware wasn't available on the site. He said that they would have it updated soon on there. The latest version though is 3.40 ACZ.9.

PM me your email address and I can send a copy if you want.
outatyme
join:2006-10-05
Tallahassee, FL

1 recommendation

outatyme to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
»spindrive.mine.nu/eq660r ··· firmware
This is my collection of firmwares.
340ACZ.2 (03/23/2006)
340ACZ.6 (10/07/2006)
340ACZ.8 (06/11/2007)
340ACZ.9 (11/07/2007)

If anyone has any other firmware versions please PM me as I'd like to add them!
rabeatz7
Premium Member
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

I've seen them go as high as ACZ12 on some modems but i haven't been able to get my hands on a copy. If anyone knows their modem has a higher version and would like to extract it, for others to use, the directions are here: »Re: firmware upgrades for 660?
outatyme
join:2006-10-05
Tallahassee, FL

outatyme to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
wow i had no idea they even had an acz.12 out!!!! I'd like to get my hands on that!
firedrakes
join:2009-01-29
Arcadia, FL

firedrakes to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway
same here
rabeatz7
Premium Member
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

apparently nobody on the forum has it or they don't know their version - i am moving into my own house soon and i'll be getting a new modem w/ it, perhaps I'll be lucky enough to get one with a new firmware and can let you guys know

JaySimmons
join:2007-03-02
Marion, VA

JaySimmons

This is a link to the MFG's website...it might have what you are looking for »us.zyxel.com/Support/Dow ··· 27163311
rabeatz7
Premium Member
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

These are not designed for the Embarq modems and will not work - CenturyLink modems use ACZ in the file name for firmware, these use AGE as it's a different build. The modem does not accept the files.

JaySimmons
join:2007-03-02
Marion, VA

JaySimmons

I found them via a google search. Personally, I only use the EQ-660r as a backup modem anyway. I prefer after market modems so you don't have to wait on the telco to give you access to the latest firmware or have them lockout features. Currently I am using an Actiontec GT724R which holds signal much better than the 660. Has anyone asked Joey when CL is going to post the firmware download page again?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to daveinpoway

MVM

to daveinpoway
I have a copy of the ACZ9 bin file. I found it last night on my neighbors PC and emailed it to myself. I downloaded it there a long time ago when I updated the firmware on his modem.
htcbwb
join:2010-07-11
Lebanon, MO

htcbwb

Hi I have the acz9 bin file but when I access the Web Configurator to update the firmware I get this...

Server Error

A file system error was detected on the RomPager Advanced server.

Any Ideas??

Thanks for the help!
stan611
join:2010-08-02
Hickory, NC

stan611

I asked ZyXEL for the latest firmware for the EQ-660R, and they sent this to me. I'm getting a new modem, so I haven't tried it.

»www.4shared.com/file/hM- ··· 9D1.html

Stan