The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta to amungus

Premium Member

to amungus

Re: [Rant] ps3 update = no more Linux

Wow how lame. The PS3 kept taking things away with newer versions (No ps2 games on play station anymore really pissed me off because my collection is basically a paper weight) I was saving up money to buy a PS3 because you can run linux and I want a blu-ray player, but I might just buy a blu-ray player. Whats next will they stop letting you put in hard drives? Sony is really piling on the suck recently I hope they get bought out by Microsoft that would me laugh.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

That's a reason to support emulation projects. Some of the ps2 projects are running decent and look good, but require a massive CPU. As they evolve, this should improve somewhat, and hardware keeps getting faster. Great games should be immortal. I fully believe that. Speaking of which, one thing I loved about my ps3 was running an NES, Genesis, and an SNES emulator via Linux straight from the console to the TV, making it a Linux pc, an SNES, an NES, a Genesis, a Sega Master System,a ps3, a ps2, a bluray player, and a ps1, all in 1 shelf space. I agree with an earlier comment: ps3 it just does did everything.
Bubba Rock
join:2010-04-21

Bubba Rock to MysticGogeta

to MysticGogeta
said by MysticGogeta:

Wow how lame. The PS3 kept taking things away with newer versions (No ps2 games on play station anymore really pissed me off because my collection is basically a paper weight) I was saving up money to buy a PS3 because you can run linux and I want a blu-ray player, but I might just buy a blu-ray player. Whats next will they stop letting you put in hard drives? Sony is really piling on the suck recently I hope they get bought out by Microsoft that would me laugh.
I don't have a PS3, but I do have some classic PS1 games and the original PS1. I think that bit about the backwards compatibility lacking is pretty crappy (but not all that surprising I guess).

I'd thought it was pretty cool how it was supposed to be backwards compatible with 1 and 2 games (and not just software emulation either).

Oh well, prefer the full original experience anyway! (and why I continue to keep the classic systems)