spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Beafly
join:2007-08-13
Lexington Park, MD

Beafly

Pace TDC787X DVR

I'd been having problems with my old dvr, and took it in to swap it out this morning. Looks like in Southern MD, Metrocast is rolling out the Pace TDC787X to replace the older Motorola units now.

I'm trying to figure out what this thing will do. Looking to see if anyone has any lessons learned?

Things I've noticed so far...

1. No 15 sec rewind button on the remote?

2. 250gig Hard-drive!

3. It's pretty apparent that the guide software (which looks the same btw) was originally laid out for a standard definition television.
My old Motorola box, just displayed the guide with side bars, so the aspect ratio looked correct. The new Pace box is stretching the guide, it's pixelated, and looks crappy.

4. The standard def channels and digital (non-hd) channels) are all being stretched by the cable box before being output to my television. They look like crap.

I see settings in the manual to change the way the box outputs, but I'll be damned if I can get them to work.

I'm wondering if Metrocast crippled the box somehow in this respect.

I know some folks like the stretched 4:3 images, they bother me to the point where I'll just watch something else. Fat faces are VERY aggravating. Either give me 16:9 programming or 4:3, but don't by default stretch the images to match the aspect ratio of my television.

Anyone else Using one of these now? Any tips on the remote or image settings?
goddan
join:2001-01-15
Quaker Hill, CT

goddan

said by Beafly:

1. No 15 sec rewind button on the remote?

If your remote has a SETUP button, you may be able to use the codes I described a few years ago in »Motorola DVR Hack.
Beafly
join:2007-08-13
Lexington Park, MD

Beafly

Remote is different also.

This is the model number on the bottom of it: UR5U-8720L-MC

Guess I'll start googling for a similar hack for this remote.

Thanks for the tip!
Beafly

Beafly

This is the remote:

»www.universalremote.com/ ··· odel=150
Beafly

Beafly

Ha! Found the 15 second rewind!

It's to the left of the green "LIST" button. Which incidentally, is the same as the old "DVR" button on the motorola remote.
Beafly

Beafly

For anyone else with one of these. I found that there is a 30 second skip forward already programmed on the remote by default directly from Metrocast. It's programmed on the M3 button.

This is one of the programmable macro buttons, I'd suggest not messing with it or you'll lose that functionality.
Craig8
join:2006-01-22
Lexington Park, MD

1 edit

Craig8 to Beafly

to Beafly
»www.pace.com/media/gener ··· nual.pdf

Page 28 has auto-pillarbox setting info.

I have the 780 myself, got in in December 2008.