share rss forum feed view:
normal
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 5 · 6 · 7 · 8

Xtreme2damax

join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY
reply to Doc Lithius

Re: [Networking] Online Gaming on HughesNet

Anyone here familiar with Team Fortress 2? So long as latency stays around 600ms - 700ms is there any kind of game specific network tweaks such as different rates, interp etc.. I can use that will allow me to play some classes such as Engineer or Medic? My parents have a Gen4 system and I am torn between getting satellite internet for myself or trying to find a provider that will give me 3G or 4G coverage where I am.
--

Hue

@direcway.com

Use a 3G or 4G tether if you can. I've tried it for shits and giggles once on Hughesnet and I was just rubber banding all over because of the lag. It's impossible to get anything done. Team Fortress 2 is completely unplayable. Unless of course you're one of those guys who goes on an AFK server for hats and crap. You can do that.

Xtreme2damax

join:2007-03-21
Port Byron, NY
reply to Doc Lithius

When my ping was around 650ms - 700ms I had it running somewhat smoothly for all but five minutes. I used an interp of .5 and even though I wasn't rubber banding like crazy there was quite a delay. I have a 3G hotspot on it's way through Virgin Mobile but I am not sure how well it will work or if it will work at all. According to Virgin Mobile's coverage map my address is in 3G territory. The only thing that sucks is even if it works for online gaming I won't be able to use it to update my games due to a 6GB data cap which is the highest data plan they offer.
--

prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 5 · 6 · 7 · 8