Me and my brother are really wanting to get rid of our crappy dial up connection (no cable, DSL, WISPS, etc in our area) so we can game somewhat better, but we really need help getting set up. From what ive researched, this is what ive found that i need to do.
1. Get an ISDN line from our phone company (AT&T), while trying not to get ripped off in the process.
2. Get an ISDN router, what is the best router to get, while not costing insane amounts? i hear everyone talking about the cisco 804 ISDN model router (is this fine? »www.amazon.com/Cisco-Systems-Ids ··· 1&sr=8-1
) it says it is ISDL so i dont know if that would work, and i dont even know what ISDL is (is it cheaper? faster? much harder to get?)
3. If i get one ISDN phone line, does this replace my normal phone line? like can i just stop paying for that line altogether? and will i achieve 128kbs speed with that one ISDN line?
4. Is it really hard to configure an ISDN router after we get one? maybe someone can direct me somewhere where someone explains it better.
5. How much does your ISDN cost in total? I know it varies greatly depending on where you live, but im just curious.
Any help is really appreciated.
edit: after looking more into IDSL, i would like to know about that too, like if i need to get an isdn line installed to use the service? i realize that it doesnt double as a phone line so i need to keep my old phone line.