Premium Member
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA

unoriginal to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: The dreaded call from Comcast

said by r81984:

Business class cost more due to paying for uptime and better customer service. The OP does not need those extra costs.

If a residential customer moves from res to small biz service and is using the exact same cable drop and modem as they were before how exactly does Comcast guarantee better uptime? I can't speak to better CS but I know someone in San Jose that recently made this move and says that their traceroute and overall routing are exactly the same as before. No change. Just a bigger bill to avoid the 250GB cap of the residential service.

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

1 recommendation

nerdburg

Premium Member

their traceroute and overall routing are exactly the same as before. No change. Just a bigger bill to avoid the 250GB cap of the residential service.
Yes. If you want unlimited data transmission, you have to pay for it. Is it really that complicated?

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to unoriginal

Premium Member

to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

If a residential customer moves from res to small biz service and is using the exact same cable drop and modem as they were before how exactly does Comcast guarantee better uptime? I can't speak to better CS but I know someone in San Jose that recently made this move and says that their traceroute and overall routing are exactly the same as before. No change. Just a bigger bill to avoid the 250GB cap of the residential service.
In the business class TOS we have 24/7 access to a totally different technical support team, and truck rolls in under 12 hours. That yields better up time.

And yes, we pay more for more bandwidth.