Search similar:

uniqs

Alex G Bell
join:2002-07-02
Boston, MA

1 recommendation

Alex G Bell

Verizon Mail Servers Down in MA?

Could not log on to my Verizon e-mail account this morning via OE. Also tried Verizon Webmail: can log on but can't get to my inbox.

BostonMA
@verizon.net

BostonMA

Anon

Same here - I was able to get/send email until a little while ago, but now it seems to be down.

Frankg0
join:2005-03-09
Loudoun, VA

Frankg0 to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
Same here in VA.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

DC DSL to Alex G Bell

Premium Member

to Alex G Bell
Been out for me since about 10:45AM here in DC.
irbrenda
join:2000-11-17
Staten Island, NY

irbrenda

I'm about to pull my hair out.....Down in Staten Island too all morning. Keeps asking for "Enter Network Password" crap. Tried all fixes thinking it was our computers. I'm about to disconnect from Outlook for now.

Rod P
@roadstarinternet.com

Rod P to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
It is down here in northern, VA, too.

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to irbrenda

Premium Member

to irbrenda
I only use VZ mail for newsletters and such...nothing of significance. I just disable it in automatic send/receive when it acts up. ISP mail is notoriously unreliable. You should use an alternative provider, such as Hotmail or Gmail, or have your own domain, if you have critical email needs.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57 to Rod P

Premium Member

to Rod P
said by Rod P :

It is down here in northern, VA, too.
And for me.
I was just told my password was no good. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
As I've changed nothing, and don't believe I've been infected by anything, I came straight here to see if anyone had posted about this.
And you have.

So, thanks for the info, everyone.

Alex G Bell
Boston, MA

2 edits

Alex G Bell

My main account does not work but one of my sub account does work. Verizon is implementing a new tool that allows one to log on to their online e-mail and billing accounts together with one login today. I wonder if that is what is screwing up their e-mail servers.

"I was just told my password was no good. I don't think I've ever seen that before."

Same thing here!

T Rosey
@myvzw.com

T Rosey to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
It's out in Ohio too. Didn't have problems at all until last month when they switched from the verizon.yahoo. Since then it's been one problem after another to get e mail.
not a week with out problems. Not a happy verizon customer here. going to have to switche e mails I guess.

FLMS
@verizon.net

FLMS to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
Mail has been down in FL for the last two hours. Can occasionally send but can't receive any mail. Both work and personal accounts are out

mike1965
Geek4rent
join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

mike1965 to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
I am having same issues, usiing outlook it will pop up with my user name and password, i click ok to it 2 or 3 times and then it works.

I have had several customers call me with same issues, looks like verizon is having some e-mail issues

BDT
@ri.us

BDT to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
Would it kill Verizon to post a notice of server trouble on their Verizon Central pages so that we don't all have to search around to confirm if the problem is Verizon or us?
Bobcat79
Premium Member
join:2001-02-04

Bobcat79 to DC DSL

Premium Member

to DC DSL
said by DC DSL:

ISP mail is notoriously unreliable.
Wrong.

mike1965
Geek4rent
join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

mike1965 to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
I just called to see if tech support knew about the issue and it has a recording stating that they know about the issue sending and recieving e-mail.......so is a verizon issue for sure
mike1965

mike1965 to Bobcat79

to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

said by DC DSL:

ISP mail is notoriously unreliable.
Wrong.
I agree Bobcat I normally have very little problem with my verizon mail

jbrady33
@12.150.2.x

jbrady33 to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
same in MD, Verizon phone support confirmed a problem in "Verizon central" with an estimate of 4 hours (that was at noon)
shal
join:2007-04-01
Monrovia, CA

shal to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
Also in CA.

POP access gets authentication failure (as if a bad password) and Webmail access shows an empty inbox and get's an Error pop-up.

On-line chat said the outage is expected to last until 4:30 pm Central time.

Too bad the "System Status" page said "Nothing to report"...

DC DSL
Premium Member
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to Bobcat79

Premium Member

to Bobcat79
said by Bobcat79:

Wrong.
If it works for you, that's great. However, that has not been my experience with VZ mail for the 10 years I've had their service. Nor scores of clients who used them or Comcast for their business or personal email. That is also the consensus among most of us who work in the industry. If you have critical dependency upon your email, you simply don't rely on the ISP if you have other options. Period.

dp
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA

dp to Alex G Bell

MVM

to Alex G Bell
Same issue here in SW PA
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79 to DC DSL

Premium Member

to DC DSL
I've been a Verizon DSL customer for approx 6 years, and I've found their email service (and service in general) to be extremely reliable. Problems are few and far between, and are fixed relatively quickly. I can't even remember the last time there were problems.
said by DC DSL:

If you have critical dependency upon your email, you simply don't rely on the ISP if you have other options. Period.
That's certainly good advice.

Alex G Bell
Boston, MA

Alex G Bell

"Would it kill Verizon to post a notice of server trouble on their Verizon Central pages so that we don't all have to search around to confirm if the problem is Verizon or us?"

Then they would have admitted in writing that there is/was a problem. Their legal department would prohibit such a thing.

CAPTN SE
@verizon.net

CAPTN SE to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
I cannot use the Verizon Mail Server here in Southern Cal either...looks like it's a nationwide problem.
userofdsl
join:2000-07-31
Somerville, MA

1 edit

userofdsl to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
E-mail just came back in the past few minutes; it's 3:13 PM EDT now.

I'm in Boston and have had DSL from VZ and its predecessors for 11 years. The e-mail service has had many outages not unlike this one, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours, occasionally for days; sometimes intermittently, sometimes continuously. Mail tends to get bounced during these outages.

Around the time of the worst outage, which lasted for something like a week, one commenter in a news story, a well-known security expert, said he would not wish Verizon e-mail on his worst enemy.

I would like to switch to another service such as gmail, but have not done so because of the hassle involved in changing my longstanding e-mail address.
Bobcat79
Premium Member

Bobcat79

Premium Member

said by userofdsl:

Around the time of the worst outage, which lasted for something like a week, one commenter in a news story, a well-known security expert, said he would not wish Verizon e-mail on his worst enemy.
He wouldn't say that if he tried Optimum Online's email.
raster44
join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY

raster44

Hey, just pile in on! Verizon e-mail service is one of most reliable of all the national networks. Please get a life, a short outage is but a little bump in the road. Less of a problem than driving a Toyota and wondering what will happen next. E-mails been up for a hour already and did work intermittently during the day.
pandjakj
join:2003-11-15
Royersford, PA

pandjakj to Alex G Bell

to Alex G Bell
Last mail received 1:45 PM Eastern. Called response was it is a nationwide outage expected repair 11:00 AM tomorrow. UGH!!!!

Frankg0
join:2005-03-09
Loudoun, VA

Frankg0 to DC DSL

to DC DSL
I haven't logged into Verizon email in weeks. Just happened to try today to clear it out as I use it as my junk email address. I really hate their web mail interface.

martha moore
@verizon.net

martha moore to Alex G Bell

Anon

to Alex G Bell
Verizon.net webmail working. POP mail not working since about 11:AM ET - asking for password, which when entered does not work. Call service, escalated. They said it was a "nationwide email problem." Just tried POP mail again - still not working; though webmail is still working. Interesting that I have received the same "undeliverable" email from a client about a dozen times in the past 24 hours.