spc
Search similar:

uniqs
x7007
join:2009-09-26

1 edit

x7007

[Tweak Test] An issue with Autotuning in windows 7

The last few days i checked many times with Tweak Test, and a issue with the RWIN Window and RWIN Scaling in windows 7.

When first checking after changing the setting to other setting let's say from normal to restricted or otherwise, the setting is set in the test and you can see the RWIN is higher than 65443 and the Scaling is correctly in the base of it.

after awhile i dunno what happens but suddenly after downloads or maybe utorrent when i check after some things i do the RWIN changes to 65443 default setting without Scaling and stay that way until i change from the setting that correctly set, so if it's set to normal i need to set to other setting say restricted and then normal if i want to get the scaling back or else it just say with the RWIN default 65443 without scaling.

Now does anyone has any idea why the setting always resetting the setting and how to fix this, it lowers my internet to a below surfing speed and the downloads hurts badly.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Those tools do not work in Win7 or in Vista. The results that you see are most likely not accurate.

I am not sure why you want to do this, but that is up to you.

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

This will lock the RWIN to 65536, but I am not sure if the Scaling is set to 0.

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Win7 enables Receive Window Scaling by default and when performing the handshake, then it uses a RWIN of 256 bytes with a scale factor of 8 (256^2*8=64K bytes). This allows the RWIN to reach the size of 16,776,960 bytes.

I am not sure if all that answers your question; if not come on back and we can sort it out.