spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

STLCompGuy

join:2003-01-11
Saint Louis, MO

I always lose my recorded shows on the DVR, why?!

Why do the shows I record on the DVR always get erased. Every time the DVR re boots I lose all my shows. So far I have had ATT Uverse for about 2+ years and I have lost all my shows at least 3-4 times. I know for a fact when I had Charter their DVR was never such an issue and it was really hard to erase the shows you had recorded on it.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3

Sounds like a bad DVR. I'd contact tier 2 agents here to get it replaced.

towerdave

join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL
reply to STLCompGuy

STLCompGuy,

See my post about losing our DVR. If you have a Motorola, it may be the model they are replacing a lot of lately for bad hard drives. The new model supposedly fixes the "bug" in the old model. And the HD is bigger.

As gdm says, contact support and see if they'll schedule a tech to bring a new DVR.

TD

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

What's the model of the new Motorola STB?
--
Tom

AckAttack

@sbcglobal.net

They are using Cisco units now but I'm not sure of the model numbers.

towerdave

join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL
reply to STLCompGuy

My new DVR is a Motorola. When I get access to it again, I'll check the model #. The old one had a cooling fan, new one doesn't need one according to the tech, runs a lot cooler.

We'll see how that works out.

TD

bsosin

@sbcglobal.net
reply to STLCompGuy

I'm not very technical and this may seem elementary, so forgive me...BUT....Are your "settings" to erase a show set for YOU to erase them manually? If not...this could be your problem. I just switched from DirecTV and I am having trouble figuring out when I record a "series" how to set it up front, not to erase any of the episodes until I erase them. I have figured it out for individual episodes, but not when I record a "series". Therefore, I too have been losing shows that I record and I'm getting tired of it!!

WillRg021

@sbcglobal.net

said by bsosin :

I'm not very technical and this may seem elementary, so forgive me...BUT....Are your "settings" to erase a show set for YOU to erase them manually? If not...this could be your problem. I just switched from DirecTV and I am having trouble figuring out when I record a "series" how to set it up front, not to erase any of the episodes until I erase them. I have figured it out for individual episodes, but not when I record a "series". Therefore, I too have been losing shows that I record and I'm getting tired of it!!
I may have just the solution you need! Took me a while to figure it out, and it can be easily done online, but to do it from one of your STB's simply follow these steps:

1.) Schedule a recording for the nearest playtime of the show you want to set as a Series.

2.) Mark said recording as "Keep until I erase."

3.) On the "Program Info" screen for the show you just scheduled to record, there is an option to "Record series."

4.) Set up the series just as you would any other series.

5.) Voila all future recordings scheduled in your series are automatically marked as "Keep until I erase."

Hope this helps.