ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

ebgbjo to CATV4life

Premium Member

to CATV4life

Re: Having moving orders... (Fall River, MA area)

What streets and how much of them are considered "the highlands" and what other areas of Fall River are good places to live?

Getting really confused on drive times to smaller towns/cities outside of Fall River as I am getting conflicting answers from various sources. We may end up moving to the area a lot sooner, but definitely need to schedule a weekend trip out there to look at towns
CATV4life
join:2006-02-02
USA

CATV4life

i would stay away from RI...as i mentioned before, Westport, Somerset, Swansea and Dartmouth/No. Dartmouth are great with no real "bad" areas. Westport has the ocean beaches, country and a 10 -20 minute commute to FR depending on where you want to live. These surrounding towns I mentioned are very rural communities with nice subdivisions quiet neighborhoods. I grew up in Fall River spending 20 yrs there but i would not move back. I don't like the city life anymore and Fall River is city compared to the other communities.

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium Member
join:2007-09-14
USA

1 edit

ebgbjo

Premium Member

well, I don't want to be too far from RI as I am applying for some government jobs in Newport and hoping I land one of them

We have contacted several places in the towns you listed CATV for rentals, but are finding out a lot of the people we contact arent even paying attention to our biggest requirement which is a space with at LEAST 1200sq foot. Several places have emailed me back trying to get me to rent places with 800-900 sq feet and also go on to say about rent "The prices do change every day" WTF! Since when do apartment rental prices change every day that they can't quote me a monthly rate? In all the states I have ever lived, I have NEVER seen this. I just wish they would at least read my comments when inquiring about spaces and how I our requirements we wont compromise on is min. sq footage of 1200.