how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rama50

join:2010-04-27
Bedford, OH

vod and start over not working

bedford heights,ohio.....VOD and Start Over are out most of the day...only work about 10% of the time....possible upstream problems? RDC Signal strength? rebooting box doesnt help ...been like this for almost 24 hours...called time warner...signal sent to box...didnt help

rama50

Bedford, OH

forgot to mention that VOD gives error code 32......no other error code shows up

visuelz

join:2003-05-01
Brooklyn, NY
reply to rama50

sounds like bad content. try another start over content and see if that works. what's your fdc and rdc?

pfhnyc3

join:2007-01-18
New York, NY
reply to rama50

Same error problem here -

are you getting On Demand not available?

rama50

Bedford, OH
reply to rama50

diagnostic screen.....FDC power level is -11dbmv and is in "orange color"....bad????
RDC is 39 dbmv(that is a plus 39)
RDC round trip delay is 576 usec.
under QAM statistics power level shows -2dbmv
I just started getting error 948 the past hour.
VOD and Start Over start working occassionally throughout the day for a minute or two ...has not worked at all for the past 4 hours.....when I press start over there is a long delay before start over screen comes up and another long delay for the bar graph to show....an endless loop when not working(start over) VOD will show error 32 and says press "A"
in addition the Mystro screen never lights up the 6th(last) block....time will show when 5th block is lit then screen goes away after another minute

rama50

Bedford, OH
reply to pfhnyc3

no...it never says "on demand not available"......I have had this problem in the past with Adelphia several times and the problem was never at my end....adelphia took a full week to correct it...I believe the problem was a node or at the head end....the Mystro I was referring to was when re-booting the box....cold boot. I also bypassed two adelphia splitters I use for picture in picture and to the cable modem...connected the box directly to the cable wall outlet....made no difference.

visuelz

join:2003-05-01
Brooklyn, NY
reply to rama50

Your FDC levels are little low, but you're getting an IP so no big worries there. Are your neighbors having this issue too? Is it during prime hours?

rama50

Bedford, OH

no...happens anytime of day 24 hrs. I am usually up all nite.....this morning it was working and this afternoon I am getting error 101...I dont even get the screen that says accessing ...it now just goes straight to the error....I will wait another day or two then have a tech. come out....the cable box is 7 yrs. old from adelphia and is scientific atlanta Explorer 3100.....I checked with my sister in another suburb and she says there is no problem with her on demand....

rama50

Bedford, OH

just re-booted the box and now on demand and startover are working again....lets see how long this will last!!

rama50

Bedford, OH

well, the on demand and start over have been working now for over 8 hours straight so they apparently have fixed it