join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to DaveDude

Premium Member

to DaveDude

Re: Comcast DVR at Best Buy

said by DaveDude:
said by guest_anon :

Why can't an end user have the right to purchase (or acquire via any other means) and own their cable box?

It seems the end user is now forced to pay a monthly charge to Comcast for the rest of their lives if you wish to watch TV. The Federal govt should prevent this type of practice to gouge rental revenues from end users and offer us an option to own our cable boxes.
Cable did all they could to make cable card a failure. The new allvid solution should help bring things back to normal. Really box rentals are a cable gravy train. Why competition in this market is not allowed is strange..
I have installed 5 cables cards with no problems at all. I am not a technical person.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by Caddyroger:
said by DaveDude:
said by guest_anon :

Why can't an end user have the right to purchase (or acquire via any other means) and own their cable box?

It seems the end user is now forced to pay a monthly charge to Comcast for the rest of their lives if you wish to watch TV. The Federal govt should prevent this type of practice to gouge rental revenues from end users and offer us an option to own our cable boxes.
Cable did all they could to make cable card a failure. The new allvid solution should help bring things back to normal. Really box rentals are a cable gravy train. Why competition in this market is not allowed is strange..
I have installed 5 cables cards with no problems at all. I am not a technical person.
Well 3 techs from comcast took 4 tries to get mine working, i guess your better then most comcast techs.