how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billmcc1280

join:2005-01-13
Decatur, TN

Superpipe 155 Configuration

Does anyone on the forums still use a superpipe? I just bought one for 256k bonding. I have a cisco 804, netgear rt338, and an old 3com t/a. I have used them all over the years. But this "Beast" I will call it just to be nice has been a pain for the last 2 days.

I can have an 804 running in 5 minutes but for the life of me I cannot even get the superpipe to dial my isp. I have given up. Does anyone have a few hints or can send me their configuration? All I want is a simple ppp connection to work. no vpn, firewall or rules.

I have even used the old navisconnect software wizard to no avail. D channel comes up. Phones work. But it does not ever attempt to dial my isp.

Thanks!

bbwithdrawls

join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

Never did a Superpipe but looked into doing it with Cisco , you had to create a dialer pool to do it so you could logically bond the physical ISDN lines together , theirs a link to how to do it in an earlier post here

billmcc1280

Decatur, TN

Yup. I can do it with a cisco no problem at all. Just lose my POTS lines. At 256k that is. I bought the superpipe because it had 2 BRI and POTS. Since I gather no one uses the superpipe anymore I have configured a Cisco 2600XM with a 4 port BRI and am up and running. Just no phone.

I asked a while back if there was a voice card I could add to a 2600 to give me my pots ability back by using a channel off the BRI but I did not get a reply on that either lol.

But for now I will be forwarding my main number to a magic jack. Which brought me to my new problem. What is the * code to forward a number? I have tried all I can find and they all error with call cannot be completed as dialed. I thought I had the EZ1A package that included call forwarding. I may not..

Thanks!

billmcc1280

Decatur, TN
reply to billmcc1280

Ok played with the Superpipe a little more today. Got it dialing after loading a slightly older version of the software on it. Next problem is ip routing. cannot ping anything even after B channels are up.

Any info?

This is the most finicky overly complicated thing I have ever seen.

bbwithdrawls

Vanleer, TN
reply to billmcc1280

curious as to what you use for an ISP , with one BRI line i was using MSN and popping both B channels, i was wanting to use a cisco 2600 and same 4 port card you mention and try it with MSN but wasn't sure if it would allow it , I was gonna do 2 128 lines but couldn't find an ISP that supported ISDN or that could even speak about it , i did find millenicom that said they could do each 64 K channel for 10 bucks a month but when I started asking about 4 lines they told me i was on my own , that i would have to configure the ISDN side , they couldnt answer if RAS would accept 4 lines or not , at that point I moved on , I have a T1 coming in 2 weeks so Im a little better off i think ( or hope )

billmcc1280

Decatur, TN
reply to billmcc1280

Right now I am using localnet.com. My install date for the other BRI is 5-13. Hopefully sooner. So I am not connecting at 256 yet. So I don't know if localnet will be a problem or not. With the luck I am having with routers and whatnot I expect it will be lol. I will keep you informed.

The 2600XM is definitely snappier than the 804 though.
and who can complain about a shiny new 4 port BRI for 8 bucks.

Would you mind if I asked how much your T is gonna run you?

bbwithdrawls

Vanleer, TN

1 edit
reply to billmcc1280

Ill IM you the price and vendor