spc
Search similar:

uniqs

davidu
join:2006-12-28
San Francisco, CA

davidu

Update from OpenDNS

Just a clarification... while we support and endorse DNSCurve, we will ultimately be supporting DNSSEC also. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I think most vendors would agree DNSSEC isn't the right answer, but publicly there's just too much of a groundswell of support around it not to support it due to peer pressure in the DNS community.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

1 edit

Noah Vail

Premium Member

said by davidu:

Just a clarification... while we support and endorse DNSCurve, we will ultimately be supporting DNSSEC also. They aren't mutually exclusive.
That answers questions in the other thread. Appreciated.

My question:
Does the DNS Client (User DNS Server, Router, etc) need to have DNSCurve support built into it, in order to take advantage of it?

Again, thanks for the update.

NV

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

ARGONAUT to davidu

Premium Member

to davidu
Will this new protocol catch OpenDNS redirects now?

davidu
join:2006-12-28
San Francisco, CA

davidu

said by ARGONAUT:

Will this new protocol catch OpenDNS redirects now?
That's tangential. Just as things are today, you can disable NXDOMAIN redirection with any version of our service. Reach out to me or (better) contact support if you need assistance.
davidu

davidu to Noah Vail

to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

My question:
Does the DNS Client (User DNS Server, Router, etc) need to have DNSCurve support built into it, in order to take advantage of it?
Yes and no. Our support of it is really the most important part, between us and authoritative servers. We are, however, working on extending that security all the way to the client, so down the road, there may be optional changes you can make to improve the integrity of your DNS responses between us and you.