spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

this_one

@kicks-ass.net
reply to gjdunga

Re: Voip Concerns - Unblockable numbers, Second Opion Please!

On our Comcast CDV line;

Anonymous Call Rejection only works with Private callers with the privacy flag intact. That means no null/Out of Area.

Even then, the recording they play has no sit tones, so that automated dialers don't stop trying to call and make repeated missed calls in incoming list.

Otherwise they let through all sorts of bullshit numbers like (567) 000-5693 eg an exchange starting with a 0 or 1 is never assigned. (411) 693-4255 etc.

Call blocking or Forwarding selective only has room for 12 numbers. It will not accept the bullshit numbers, and no wildcards.

Even then, the recording they play has no sit tones, so that automated dialers don't stop trying to call and make repeated missed calls in incoming list. I have played with forwarding them instead of blocking and sent the calls to a disconnected number that have sit tones.

I now use Phone Tray on this line. The trick is to use a recording with sit tones so that automated dialers will stop calling. The actual voice part of the recording is only for the occasional human that may be listening to the audio. For Private, Out of Area, and 0000000000, my recording says I don't accept blocked or unavailable callerid, please unblock your callerid and call back. A legit human caller will hear that, while robo dialers just hang up right after the sit tones. All other blocked callers get a standard disconnect message.