spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tech9

@optonline.net

uninstalling java deployment toolkit

okay im seriously having trouble removing this deployment toolkit - it has been infected from merely surfing the web

javara doesn't even remove it. I can't seem to properly navigate and remove it. the google results i get are very confusing.

There is no remove in "add/remove" programs. This seriously is a security risk and i have no idea how to fully remove it.

Yes my google skills are very terrible

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
if it is infected then use tools and follow steps to remove any malware
»Security Cleanup FAQ »Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance

Cudni

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to Tech9
If you have gotten something then yes go to the other link suggested above on this forum. You probably have more than just this problem.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX
reply to Tech9
If it's the one that comes with Java, there's nothing that can be done about it except to remove Java completely.

Though if you're using Firefox, it can and should be disabled as it is a security risk.

Despite that, Sun still keeps foisting this on Java users when it really isn't needed for most of them.
--
"The trouble with computers, of course, is that they are very sophisticated idiots." - Doctor Who (from Robot)

Tech9

@optonline.net
reply to Tech9
was infected in the pasy by "C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\33\378022e1-410f9c71";"Trojan horse Downloader.Generic_c.BCR";"Moved to Virus Vault"

Another was in "C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\13\6deed00d-262e978e";"Trojan horse Generic2_c.XRX";"Moved to Virus Vault"

very weird and seemed to just exploit itself within the toolkit

i need to Completely remove java - and update a java version that is safe and lightweight and not bloated

i dont need security clean up

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
Someshire
just delete the contents of it
»www.java.com/en/download/help/pl···ache.xml
if you removed Java delete the folder itself. And your AV seems to have blocked it anyway.

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2010/11

Tech9

@optonline.net
reply to Tech9
I really wish someone can offer a helping hand

I don't have a java icon in my control panel

I searched for java and came up with several locations

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Sun
C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Sun

that's basically it...so i just delete all the contents in those folders and i should re-download the java?

Tech9

@optonline.net
reply to Tech9
So no one here knows anything? Can someone direct me to a forum where i can actually receive technical help. I know this isn't really the forum to be posting things - or maybe i posted in wrong section?

im not even sure

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA
Try looking at »java.com/en/ if you are that desperately seeking technical help with java as this site isnt part of or owned by java.

These are other people trying to help you so if in a hurry, try the help center at »java.com/en/

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
Someshire
reply to Tech9
you have already answered your question earlier. just delete those folders you listed and be done with it

Tech9

@optonline.net
Aha! You see i personally did not know i have even answered my own question. I need to THANK you.

Tech9

@optonline.net
reply to Tech9
Ok i did what i had to do, deleted the folders but for some reason videos play on youtube is this normal or is it using some sort of java in firefox? if so then i need to completely remove the java that somehow is embedded into firefox

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 edit
I thought the videos on YouTube used Adobe Flash, not Sun Java. Also, Javascript is not Java.

Oops, it's Oracle Java now, I guess.
--
In reality, there is no such thing as a clean human being.