spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1 to daveinpoway

to daveinpoway

Re: Why 1.0.1.7 over 1.0.1.8 as a rollback option.

It wouldn't be very smart to have a non-working in our inventory even if it is working for some individuals. There's always the risk of a technician accidentally pushing it to somebody's modem.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

The worst that could happen if 1.0.1.8 got sent out to someone is that the modem will be the same as a brand-new one which was just purchased. This firmware version will not damage the modem such that it can't be upgraded to a different firmware.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

2 edits

BryanInPHX to CoxTech1

Premium Member

to CoxTech1
said by CoxTech1:

said by BryanInPHX:

Don't get me wrong, I am satisfied with 1.0.1.7, But just very curious why 1.0.1.7 over 1.0.1.8 as a rollback option.
Since 1.0.1.8 was never approved for deployment on our network we simply do not have it in our inventory of approved firmwares to send out. We only have 1.0.1.7, 1.0.2.0, and 1.0.2.4.
said by CoxTech1:

It wouldn't be very smart to have a non-working in our inventory even if it is working for some individuals. There's always the risk of a technician accidentally pushing it to somebody's modem.
I do appreciate your responses, but the responses as to why 1.0.3.0 was not deployed were fairly clear, (bricking modems and "a particular vendor's CMTS's that this modem won't play nice with."

Does 1.0.1.8 also not play nice with the same vendor's CMTS's
phxuser
join:2010-03-16
Scottsdale, AZ

phxuser to CoxTech1

to CoxTech1

Re: SB6120 1.0.2.4 Speed Concerns

Care to comment on the following post from the Charter forum? I understand both the SB6120 and the DPC3000 use the same TI chipset.

reply to PDXracer
It is my understanding that the "bricking" issue is not entirely related to the most recent Motorola firmware update, but rather an underlying update for the TI chips in many D3 modems.

From what I can gather, TI issued a firmware update to D3 modem vendors who use their chips. The TI update made its way into Motorola firmware and the firmwares of other D3 modems that employ this particular TI chipset.

Apparently, this particular TI update has some sort of issue with a Downstream QAM modulation profile that Charter has configured on some of their CMTS. To complicate matters further, the DS modulation profile only seems to affect TI chips if the profile is deployed on CMTSs running a certain IOS train.
to forum · permalink · 2010-05-27 23:00:00