uniqs
share rss forum feed

m3chen

join:2009-12-03
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

screw the CRTC and Bell

CRTC commissioner Candice Molnar attached a dissenting opinion to the ruling. She said the requirement on Bell to move all of its customers off unlimited downloading plans was unnecessary because a vast majority are already on usage-based services.

Looks like we know who Bell bought. I really hate the CRTC so much, god damn useless garbage comission that panders to the big two so that we can get ass raped some more.

en102
Canadian, eh?

join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

CRTC... bought and paid for by major Telco/CableCo

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

amend to that...

monkman

join:2008-12-10
reply to en102

You do realize that the CRTC is founded and consists of members of the telecom industry, right? It was always meant to be a self regulatory agency with oversight and organization by the government to ensure they were on the right track.

You can argue they're on the wrong track (I would) but let's not pretend to be surprised that they see things from the telecom point of view.

Failing to understand their reasoning and espousing this kind of garbage just makes your voice go unheard.

The cause would be better served by joining a consumer advocacy group and helping a lobby in your favour.

Or you could just keep crying on internet forums and advocating pitchfork syndrome. It's worked so well so far.

mythos1453

join:2008-11-13

monkman you've made a bunch of useless posts supporting your initial flawed statement. FFS think what the others are telling you before posting the next "reply"...

FYI these *members* of the industry are 60-70year old fat semi-rich bastards who leave in the 70's. I doubt they use the internet nearly as much as anyone in this forum. Ihmo CRTC should be decommissioned and replaced by a truly independent organisation.

blueeyesm

join:2003-09-05
Waterloo, ON
reply to monkman

First off, these so-called members are former executives from Bell and Rogers. They replaced any member who had any drive to keep these corporations fair and honest a long time ago.

It's not that they are on some kind of wrong track, they are just protecting their buddies, pockets and profits while ensuring they are not touched by the government in any way.

Thus, they are able to legally hold us in a binding, powerless position. Anything we try to do under fair use and consumption has been, and will continue to be, squeezed from our hands and be forced to pay out more of our money, whereas other countries do not, due to competition. If these companies are made to incur a cost for any reason, we are made to pay for it and it's all allowable under the rules set by the CRTC.

Consumer advocacy groups are just as powerful as individuals in the eyes of the CRTC, and can easily disregard anything these groups put forward. In turn, Rogers and Bell respond by increasing the rates we pay.

XoX

join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada
reply to monkman

said by monkman:

You do realize that the CRTC is founded and consists of members of the telecom industry, right? It was always meant to be a self regulatory agency with oversight and organization by the government to ensure they were on the right track.

You can argue they're on the wrong track (I would) but let's not pretend to be surprised that they see things from the telecom point of view.

Failing to understand their reasoning and espousing this kind of garbage just makes your voice go unheard.

The cause would be better served by joining a consumer advocacy group and helping a lobby in your favour.

Or you could just keep crying on internet forums and advocating pitchfork syndrome. It's worked so well so far.
Yeah right from the Telecom industry... You mean Bell right...

Sorry but i do not buy that bullshit about the crtc being not influenced by Bell...