« FCC is doing it right, wtf!
This is a sub-selection from BULLSHIT
monkman
join:2008-12-10

2 edits

monkman to AnonCoward

to AnonCoward

Re: BULLSHIT

Keep inflating your numbers and you'll still be wrong. See above.

And note that an HD copy of any show can be found on any torrent tracker right now, one hour long episodes, for an "industry standard" 1.09 gigs. No commercials. One hour long.

Sadly the American outlets are closing their doors to Canadian consumers and the Canadian TV outlets are slowly getting their content online. At sub-SD quality so this point is invalid regardless if you want to look at legitimate outlets only. But we can even include HD piracy and you're still wrong.

You know the true size of HD content as well as I do and we need not say how we know this, but go ahead and inflate the numbers. You're still wrong.

torobull123
join:2009-06-20

2 edits

torobull123

Thank you so much for your great math skills and grand misinformated assumptions about my families internet usage. You are clearly correct.

If you haven't noticed, there is such a thing as "POVERTY" in Canada.
monkman

1 edit

monkman

I've already shown that your usage claims are ridiculous and not even close to "relatively low internet usage". You've been unwilling to disclose your usage patterns but based on all these numbers it's clear that even if you did it would be clear you're not a user but an abuser and a hoarder.

You can keep hiding behind the "poverty" line if you want but it's not going to change the fact that even if you only paid for internet service and you stole/pirated all your tv, movies, games and other media entertainment you still wouldn't be using 200 gigs unless you were actually hoarding content you're not even consuming. Five family members cannot consume that much content unless they're spending over 8 hours a day working at it. I challenge you to show me otherwise, and throwing out random "wah wah a quicktime movie is biiiiig" isn't going to cut it, kiddo.

If you're unwilling to share your break down then that's all there is to be said. Your unwillingness says the rest.

torobull123

4 edits

torobull123

One thing is certain from your comment. You are a pirate and don't see any other legitimate uses of the internet that use up just as many GB each month as your piracy. As a pirate you assume that everyone else is the same, even though they are not.

You realize that your attempt to rationalize your arguments is meaningless to me and everyone else. So just do you self a favor and stop wasting your time. In one ear, out the other.

Want a list, here it is (5 users):
-Xbox Live & Downloads (Full games, Demos & HD Movies)
-PS3 & Downloads (Demos & HD Movies)
-Wii
-PC gaming (and demos)
-Online gaming
-WoW
-2 x VoIP
-International IPTV Subscription (recorded & live tv)
-Direct2Drive, Steam
-Free flash based games
-Runescape
-Eve
-Youtube HD, DailyMotion
-Webcam chat with family and friends
-Chatroulette
-Sharing Family Albums (each album aprox. 4-8GB)
-Free legit online TV streaming (Comedy network, Rogers on Demand online, global tv, ctv, cbc, etc etc)
-Shoutcast Internet Radio
-Upload/Download Large work files daily
-Heavy web browsing
-School project/homework research
-Email
-Blogging
-Facebook
-Gametrailers.com
-Online shopping
-Flickr Pro Photo Uploading
-PC software updates & driver updates
-New releases of Ubuntu.
-Free trial software downloads
-Freeware software downloads
-pr0n (duhh)
monkman

monkman

Who said I'm a pirate? I said even if you're an extreme pirate downloading HD content where there is no legitimate source you can't go over your limit. As to your list, you still can't meet 200 gigs. Here:

-Xbox, PS3, Wii stores have 2 gig HD movies and an average of 1 gig on the demos. Pay for and download 1 HD movie per week and 3 demos (one for each kid), times 4 weeks: 20 gigs
-Miscellaneous patches just for fun: 150 megs per game, 20 games played per week possibly needing updates: 3 gigs
-PC and console gaming activity via WoW or other online games actively uses about 200 megs per hour, assume 4 hours played per day for all 30 days: 24 gigs
-VoIP uses a 256 kbps stream so that's 32 KB/s times 60 seconds uses 1.9 megs per minute or 112 megs per hour. Assume 4 hours on the phone every day for 30 days and that's 13.5 gigs.
-Direct2Drive/Steam assume one full game download per week at 7.5 gigs per game is 30 gigs on the month
-International IPTV subscriptions are only available in SDTV not HD so you're talking about the 350 megs an hour rule again. 4 hours a day 30 days a month comes to 40 gigs which includes your "free legit online tv streaming"
-Sharing family albums assume someone copies an entire album from you of 8 gigs which is going to take forever to upload on a 1mbps (standard) upstream mind you. Flickr falls under this. It's all photo use and you're not going to be uploading more than 8 gigs because uploading 8 gigs on a 1mbps connection takes 4 full days at full speed. You'd be doing that over a month.
-Internet radio? Yeah, I do that too. It used 15 megs in an hour and a half streaming the hockey game the other day. Do you even want to count this? I'll add a gig for you just cause.
-Webcam chat streams at 128 kbps upstream and 128 kbps downstream. Another 256 kbps so let's say you do that 4 hours a day every day again for another 13.5 gigs of transfer.
-YoutubeHD/Daily motion/College humor/Metcafe/gametrailers and any other short clip site will amount to 1 gig per day for 30 gigs total.
-Everything else falls into one simple category: browsing and searching--. On average a user goes through about 50 megs per day using this. I'll be ridiculous for you and say your five people use 500 megs per day. 15 gigs total.

I've been ridiculously liberal in EVERY category you've listed going well beyond anything even an outlier like you or I would use and I only come to 197 gigs. These numbers would mean you're spending over 12 hours per day on average consuming mass media in the form of tv, movies, and games. TWELVE HOURS every day to get near 200 gigs. Really? Is that accurate?

So are you an idiot who teaches his kids to be idiots, or are you just an idiot on the internet who conflates numbers to try to garner sympathy?

It's clear near the end of that list you're just thinking "I'll add this and this and this and this and that'll show that big fat meanie head!"

torobull123

4 edits

torobull123

Like I just told you. In one ear out the other.

I didn't bother reading your pointless response/grand unjustified assumptions and don't plan to.

With my list, YES I agree 200GB is enough. But the new 60GB limit doesn't even come close. Thats the problem. You clearly missed my point.

Secondly who the heck are you. You think I need your approval. Don't make me laugh.
Pewmaster
join:2009-07-09

Pewmaster to torobull123

to torobull123
Well played sir, well played!

/applause
vintagewino
join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON

1 recommendation

vintagewino to torobull123

to torobull123
said by torobull123:

Want a list, here it is (5 users):
-Xbox Live & Downloads (Full games, Demos & HD Movies)
-Freeware software downloads
-pr0n (duhh)

For the Windows folks, last time I used Norton AV a few years ago, the daily d/l was 22M. Don't want to think what it is today.
Not to mention the size of some of the Windows updates (especially Vista & 7), etc.

The only thing the CRTC did was to grant total and unobstructed free license to the telcos (and cablecos) to rape, pillage and screw the customer with impunity.

Usage will only go UP, not down. Nothing more than another cash grab.

Guess even granny is gonna get screwed when she downloads the pictures and videos of the grandkids.
garyopa
join:2010-02-11
Toronto, ON

garyopa

I am upset regarding the 60gb limit and even the 300gb limit on over-usage.

It makes no sense.

I myself run a small webhosting business from home. -- I have a number of big servers based in Texas, were clients are paying me monthly to host their websites, and I do the management and make sure stuff works. -- Backups are made, new content is upload, restore of backups are done on a daily basis.

Currently I running about 120gigs per month, sometimes higher if a big website runs into problems, and I end up restoring a large backup.

I not the normal internet user, but there is alot of small hosting companies doing the same that I do. -- It will eat into my monthly profit, if I end up paying 75cent per gigabyte or worse.

Just my two cents worth on this matter.

Its sad CRTC does not use the internet themselves!

jadebangle
Premium Member
join:2007-05-22

jadebangle

Premium Member

said by garyopa:

I am upset regarding the 60gb limit and even the 300gb limit on over-usage.

It makes no sense.

I myself run a small webhosting business from home. -- I have a number of big servers based in Texas, were clients are paying me monthly to host their websites, and I do the management and make sure stuff works. -- Backups are made, new content is upload, restore of backups are done on a daily basis.

Currently I running about 120gigs per month, sometimes higher if a big website runs into problems, and I end up restoring a large backup.

I not the normal internet user, but there is alot of small hosting companies doing the same that I do. -- It will eat into my monthly profit, if I end up paying 75cent per gigabyte or worse.

Just my two cents worth on this matter.

Its sad CRTC does not use the internet themselves!
in japan there is a limit of 1tb a day
100mbit connection for a measly 49.99 a month lol
in china 10mbit for 19.99 a month no limit usage
i see that canada and australia is going back to the pay per minute way back in the early 90's who is milking ya canauke???
« FCC is doing it right, wtf!
This is a sub-selection from BULLSHIT