uniqs
« FCC is doing it right, wtf!
This is a sub-selection from BULLSHIT
monkman
join:2008-12-10

monkman to torobull123

to torobull123

Re: BULLSHIT

Who said I'm a pirate? I said even if you're an extreme pirate downloading HD content where there is no legitimate source you can't go over your limit. As to your list, you still can't meet 200 gigs. Here:

-Xbox, PS3, Wii stores have 2 gig HD movies and an average of 1 gig on the demos. Pay for and download 1 HD movie per week and 3 demos (one for each kid), times 4 weeks: 20 gigs
-Miscellaneous patches just for fun: 150 megs per game, 20 games played per week possibly needing updates: 3 gigs
-PC and console gaming activity via WoW or other online games actively uses about 200 megs per hour, assume 4 hours played per day for all 30 days: 24 gigs
-VoIP uses a 256 kbps stream so that's 32 KB/s times 60 seconds uses 1.9 megs per minute or 112 megs per hour. Assume 4 hours on the phone every day for 30 days and that's 13.5 gigs.
-Direct2Drive/Steam assume one full game download per week at 7.5 gigs per game is 30 gigs on the month
-International IPTV subscriptions are only available in SDTV not HD so you're talking about the 350 megs an hour rule again. 4 hours a day 30 days a month comes to 40 gigs which includes your "free legit online tv streaming"
-Sharing family albums assume someone copies an entire album from you of 8 gigs which is going to take forever to upload on a 1mbps (standard) upstream mind you. Flickr falls under this. It's all photo use and you're not going to be uploading more than 8 gigs because uploading 8 gigs on a 1mbps connection takes 4 full days at full speed. You'd be doing that over a month.
-Internet radio? Yeah, I do that too. It used 15 megs in an hour and a half streaming the hockey game the other day. Do you even want to count this? I'll add a gig for you just cause.
-Webcam chat streams at 128 kbps upstream and 128 kbps downstream. Another 256 kbps so let's say you do that 4 hours a day every day again for another 13.5 gigs of transfer.
-YoutubeHD/Daily motion/College humor/Metcafe/gametrailers and any other short clip site will amount to 1 gig per day for 30 gigs total.
-Everything else falls into one simple category: browsing and searching--. On average a user goes through about 50 megs per day using this. I'll be ridiculous for you and say your five people use 500 megs per day. 15 gigs total.

I've been ridiculously liberal in EVERY category you've listed going well beyond anything even an outlier like you or I would use and I only come to 197 gigs. These numbers would mean you're spending over 12 hours per day on average consuming mass media in the form of tv, movies, and games. TWELVE HOURS every day to get near 200 gigs. Really? Is that accurate?

So are you an idiot who teaches his kids to be idiots, or are you just an idiot on the internet who conflates numbers to try to garner sympathy?

It's clear near the end of that list you're just thinking "I'll add this and this and this and this and that'll show that big fat meanie head!"

torobull123
join:2009-06-20

4 edits

torobull123

Like I just told you. In one ear out the other.

I didn't bother reading your pointless response/grand unjustified assumptions and don't plan to.

With my list, YES I agree 200GB is enough. But the new 60GB limit doesn't even come close. Thats the problem. You clearly missed my point.

Secondly who the heck are you. You think I need your approval. Don't make me laugh.
« FCC is doing it right, wtf!
This is a sub-selection from BULLSHIT